Faculty Profile for Dr. T Jaime Chahin
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Chahin, T. J. (n.d.). Hispanic Serving Institution: Critical Attributes and Priciples. In Examining Effective Leadership Practices For Leaders In Minority Serving Institutions. New York, New York, USA: MacMillan Publishing Company.
- Chahin, T. J. (n.d.). Dreamers, Growing Up Undocumented in the Uited States of America. In Handbook of Children and Prejudice&Integrating Research, Practice and Poilicy (Vol. volume 2). New Yor, New York, USA: Springer Press.
- Chahin, T. J. (2017). Values, Migrant Parents, Leadership and Public Good. Journal of Transformative Leadership and Policy Studies, 6(1), 5–13.
- Chahin, T. J. (2015). Estado Actual y Proyecciones de las Universidades Públicas de los Estados Unidos. In La Universidad Pública: Desafio para el siglo XXI (pp. 112–120). Universidad de Chile.
- Chahin, T. J. (2014). The Cultivation and Socialization of Graduate Students in the Food and Agricultural Sciences.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Texas A&M University at Kingsville Distinguished Alumnus. 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: University Excellence in Diversity Award. 2010
- Award / Honor Recipient: Professor Honorario Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos Lima Peru. January 2008
- Award / Honor Recipient: Mariel M. Muir, Excellence in Mentoring Award, Texas State University-San Marcos. 2005
- Award / Honor Recipient: Exxon Mobil LULAC President’s Circle of Excellence Award. June 19, 2003
- Chahin, T Jaime (Other). NIFA 2015 Grantsmanship Workshop in Texas, U.S. Department of Agriculture/National Institute of Food and Agriculture, Federal, $10000. (Funded: August 2015). Grant.
- Chahin, T Jaime (Co-Principal). USDA/NIFA Supplemental Grant, $60000. (Funded: November 2014). Grant.
- Chahin, T Jaime (Principal). Family Policy Institute, Greater Texas Foundation, $139093. (Funded: May 2014). Grant.
- Chahin, T Jaime (Co-Principal). Caminos, Reagan High School, Austin Independent School District, $175000. (Funded: May 2013). Grant.
- Chahin, T Jaime (Principal). Caminitos, Kenedy Foundation, $15000. (Funded: May 2010). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Equity and Access Committee
Center for Higher Education and the Public Good, University of Michigan
Student Retention Analysis Council
Education Graduate Faculty
Building Engagement and Attainment for Minority Students (BEAMS) Project