Faculty Profile for Dr. Alexander Zakhidov
Biography and EducationMS(04) and PhD(06) in Physics from Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia. Postdoctoral research experience at Cornell University (07-10) and Dresden University of Technology, Germany (10-11). Group leader at FhG COMEDD (12-14), Dresden Germany. Since 2014 assistant professor in Physics Department at TXST.
Teaching InterestsQuantum Mechanics, Optics, Advanced Thin Film Lab
Research InterestsPerovskite photovoltaic devices (solar cells and photodiodes)
Organic light emitting diodes (OLEDs) for displays and lighting
Organic thin film transistors (OTFTs) and circuits
Organic micro-cavities and organic lasers
Nano-carbon (carbon nanotubes and graphene) electrodes
High-resolution structuring of organic semiconductors
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Swartz, C. H., Khakurel, N., Najar, S. R., Hossain, M. I., & Zakhidov, A. (2021). Temperature and Bias Dependent Degradation and Regeneration of Perovskite Solar Cells with Organic and Inorganic Hole Transport Layers. PSS (a). https://doi.org/10.1002/pssa.202000721
- Howlader, C. Q., Hasan, M., Zakhidov, A., & Chen, Y. (2020). Determining the refractive index and the dielectric constant of PPDT2FBT thin film using spectroscopic ellipsometry. Optical Materials, 110. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optmat.2020.110445
- Welch, E. W., Jung, Y.-K., Walsh, A., Scolfaro, L. M., & Zakhidov, A. (2020). A density functional theory study on the interface stability between CsPbBr3 and CuI. AIP Advances, 10(085023). https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0018925
- Ghosh, D., Welch, E. W., Neukirch, A. J., Zakhidov, A., & Tretiak, S. (2020). Polarons in Halide Perovskites: A Perspective. The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 11(9). https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jpclett.0c00018
- Hasan, M., Lyon, K., Trombley, L., Smith, C., & Zakhidov, A. (2019). Thickness measurement of multilayer film stack in perovskite solar cell using spectroscopic ellipsometry. AIP Advances, 9. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5125686
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities. August 24, 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: COSE: Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities. August 21, 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: COSE: Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities. August 9, 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Program for Excellence in Teaching and Learning 2015. September 1, 2014 - May 1, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Materials Research Society 2009 Spring Meeting Poster Award, Materials Research Society. January 1, 2009 - December 1, 2009
- Holtz, Mark W (Principal), Chen, Yihong (Supporting), Geerts, Wilhelmus J (Supporting), Droopad, Ravindranath (Supporting), Li, Jian (Co-Principal), Myers, Thomas H (Supporting), Piner, Edwin L (Supporting), Theodoropoulou, Nikoleta (Supporting), Zakhidov, Alexander (Supporting). System of Integrated Characterization of Electronic Devices and Materials, U.S. AFOSR, Federal, $332086. (Funded: August 15, 2017 - August 14, 2018). Grant.
- Zakhidov, Alexander (Principal). STTR Phase II: Scalable fabrication of stable perovskite solar panels using slot-die coating technique, NSF, Federal, $225000. (Funded: April 15, 2020 - April 14, 2022). Grant.
- Zakhidov, Alexander. SBIR Phase II: Scalable fabrication of stable perovskite solar panels using slot-die coating technique, NSF, $708030. (Submitted: February 27, 2019, Funded: April 15, 2020 - March 31, 2022). Grant.
- Zakhidov, Alexander (Principal). High-Bandgap Hybrid Perovskites for Efficient Underwater Solar Cells, Office of Naval Research, Federal, $434000. (Funded: August 2019 - August 2022). Grant.
- Zakhidov, Alexander (Co-Principal), Slinker, Jason (Co-Principal). Collaborative Research: Leveraging a Solvent Toolkit for Doping and Characterizing Hybrid Perovskite Solar Cells, National Science Foundation, Federal, $200000. (Funded: July 2019 - July 2022). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Student Recruitment: Angelo State University
February 18, 2019-Present
Reviewer / Referee
June 1, 2018-Present
Physics Graduate Admissions Committee
October 1, 2015-Present
Physics M.S. Candidates Committee
Student Recruitment: The University of Texas at Brownsville
April 10, 2015-Present