Faculty Profile for Dr. Alexander Zakhidov
Biography and EducationMS(04) and PhD(06) in Physics from Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia. Postdoctoral research experience at Cornell University (07-10) and Dresden University of Technology, Germany (10-11). Group leader at FhG COMEDD (12-14), Dresden Germany. Since 2014 assistant professor in Physics Department at TXST.
Teaching InterestsQuantum Mechanics, Optics, Advanced Thin Film Lab
Research InterestsPerovskite photovoltaic devices (solar cells and photodiodes)
Organic light emitting diodes (OLEDs) for displays and lighting
Organic thin film transistors (OTFTs) and circuits
Organic micro-cavities and organic lasers
Nano-carbon (carbon nanotubes and graphene) electrodes
High-resolution structuring of organic semiconductors
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Jewel, M., Mahmud, M., Zakhidov, A., & Chen, Y. (2019). Low Temperature Atomic Layer Deposition of Zirconium Oxide for Inkjet Printed Transistor Applications. RSC Advances, (4), 1841–1848.
- Agrawal, A. V., Kumar, N., Venkatesan, S., Zakhidov, A., Manspeaker, C., Zhu, Z., … Kumar, M. (2018). Controlled Growth of MoS2 Flakes from in-Plane to Edge-Enriched 3D Network and Their Surface-Energy Studies. ACS Applied Nano Materials, 1(5), 2356–2367. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsanm.8b00467
- Obraztsov, P. A., Lyashenko, D., Chizhov, P. A., Konishi, K., Nemoto, N., Kuwata-Gonokami, M., … Zakhidov, A. (2018). Ultrafast zero-bias photocurrent and terahertz emission in hybrid perovskites. Communications Physics, 1, 1–7. https://doi.org/10.1038/s42005-018-0013-8
- Agrawal, A. V., Kumar, R., Venkatesan, S., Zakhidov, A., Yang, G., Bao, J., … Kumar, M. (2018). Photoactivated Mixed In-Plane and Edge-Enriched p-Type MoS2 Flake-Based NO2 Sensor Working at Room Temperature. ACS Sensors, 3(5), 998–1004. https://doi.org/10.1021/acssensors.8b00146
- Neier, E., Arias Ugarte, R. N., Rady, N., Venkatesan, S., Hudnall, T. W., & Zakhidov, A. (2017). Solution-processed organic light-emitting diodes with emission from a doublet exciton; using (2,4,6-trichlorophenyl)methyl as emitter. Organic Electronics: Physics, Materials, Applications, 44, 126–131. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.orgel.2017.02.010
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities. August 24, 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Program for Excellence in Teaching and Learning 2015. September 1, 2014 - May 1, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Materials Research Society 2009 Spring Meeting Poster Award, Materials Research Society. January 1, 2009 - December 1, 2009
- Award / Honor Recipient: Rem Khokholov award for the best student scientific work, Moscow State University. January 1, 2004 - December 1, 2004
- Award / Honor Recipient: M. Lomonosov award for academic excellence, Moscow State University. January 1, 2003 - December 1, 2003
- Holtz, Mark W (Principal), Chen, Yihong (Supporting), Geerts, Wilhelmus J (Supporting), Droopad, Ravindranath (Supporting), Li, Jian (Co-Principal), Myers, Thomas H (Supporting), Piner, Edwin L (Supporting), Theodoropoulou, Nikoleta (Supporting), Zakhidov, Alexander (Supporting). System of Integrated Characterization of Electronic Devices and Materials, U.S. AFOSR, Federal, $332086. (Funded: August 15, 2017 - August 14, 2018). Grant.
- Zakhidov, Alexander (Principal), Beall, Gary W, Mix, Kenneth D, Miyahara, Yoichi, Jin, Tongdan. Practical Flexible Solar Cells, MWI. Team Solar-Flex, Texas State University, $10000. (Submitted: March 8, 2019). Grant.
- Zakhidov, Alexander. SBIR Phase I: Scalable fabrication of stable perovskite solar panels using slot-die coating technique, National Science Foundation, Federal, $225000. (Funded: July 1, 2017 - February 22, 2019). Grant.
- Brittain, William J (Principal), , = (Co-Principal), Rhodes, Christopher Peter (Co-Principal), Betancourt, Tania (Co-Principal), Zakhidov, Alexander (Co-Principal). MRI: Acquisition of Atomic Force Microscope to Advance Texas State University Materials Research, National Science Foundation, Federal, $104476. (Funded: September 1, 2016 - August 31, 2019). Grant.
- Zakhidov, Alexander (Principal), Holtz, Mark W (Supporting), Piner, Edwin L (Supporting), Myers, Thomas H (Supporting), Theodoropoulou, Nikoleta (Supporting), Beall, Gary W (Supporting), Yu, Qingkai (Supporting), Rhodes, Christopher Peter (Supporting), Geerts, Wilhelmus J (Supporting), Betancourt, Tania (Supporting), Li, Jian (Supporting). Scanning Probe Microscope for Materials Research and Education, U. S. Army, Federal, $358558. (Funded: July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Student Recruitment: Angelo State University
February 18, 2019-Present
Reviewer / Referee
June 1, 2018-Present
Physics Graduate Admissions Committee
October 1, 2015-Present
Physics M.S. Candidates Committee
Student Recruitment: The University of Texas at Brownsville
April 10, 2015-Present