Faculty Profile for Dr. Mark Holtz
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Ahmed, R., Siddique, A., Saha, R., Anderson, J. W., Engdahl, C., Holtz, M. W., & Piner, E. L. (2020). Effect of precursor stoichiometry on morphology, phase purity, and texture formation of hot filament CVD diamond films grown on Si (100) substrate. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 1. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10854-020-03395-7
- Nazari, M., & Holtz, M. W. (2018). Near-ultraviolet Raman and micro-Raman analysis of electronic materials. Applied Physics Reviews, 5(4), 041303. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5054660
- Ahmed, R., Nazari, M., Hancock, B. L., Simpson, J., Engdahl, C., Piner, E. L., & Holtz, M. W. (2018). Ultraviolet micro-Raman stress map of polycrystalline diamond grown selectively on silicon substrates using chemical vapor deposition. Applied Physics Letters, 112(18), 181907. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5027507
- Squires, B., Hancock, B. L., Nazari, M., Anderson, J., Hobart, K. D., Feygelson, T. I., … Holtz, M. W. (2017). Hexagonal boron nitride particles for determining the thermal conductivity of diamond films based on near-ultraviolet micro-Raman mapping. Journal of Physics D, 50, 24LT01. https://doi.org/10.1088/1361-6463/aa6f44
- Nazari, M., Hancock, B. L., Anderson, J., Savage, A., Piner, E. L., Graham, S., … Holtz, M. W. (2016). Near-ultraviolet micro-Raman study of diamond grown on GaN. Applied Physics Letters, 108(3), 031901. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.4940200
- Award / Honor Recipient: Sigma Pi Sigma. May 1977 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Texas Tech Ex-Student Association's New Faculty Award. 1995
- Award / Honor Recipient: Virginia Tech's Outstanding Dissertation Award in Arts and Sciences. 1987
- Holtz, Mark W (Principal), Chen, Yihong (Supporting), Geerts, Wilhelmus J (Supporting), Droopad, Ravindranath (Supporting), Li, Jian (Co-Principal), Myers, Thomas H (Supporting), Piner, Edwin L (Supporting), Theodoropoulou, Nikoleta (Supporting), Zakhidov, Alexander (Supporting). System of Integrated Characterization of Electronic Devices and Materials, U.S. AFOSR, Federal, $332086. (Funded: August 15, 2017 - August 14, 2018). Grant.
- Holtz, Mark (Principal), Theodoropoulou, Nikoleta (Co-Principal), Myers, Thomas (Co-Principal), Beall, Gary (Co-Principal), Droopad, Ravi (Co-Principal), Piner, Edwin (Co-Principal), Yu, Qingkai (Co-Principal). X-Ray Diffraction System for Advanced Materials Analysis in Research and Education, Department of Defense, Federal, $397330. (Submitted: December 1, 2014, Funded: February 15, 2015 - January 31, 2016). Grant.
- Piner, Edwin L (Principal), Holtz, Mark W (Co-Principal). Integrated GaN HEMT on Diamond: Heterointerface and Thermal Transport Fundamentals, U. S. Army, Federal, $596000. (Funded: 2014 - 2017). Grant.
- Holtz, Mark (Principal), Piner, Edwin (Co-Principal). Thermal Characterization of Diamond Films, DARPA, Federal, $300000. (Submitted: December 1, 2014, Funded: December 5, 2014 - June 4, 2017). Grant.
- Wistey, Mark A, Chen, Yihong (Co-Principal), Weigum, Shannon E, Benavides, Elizabeth Ashley, Ngu, Hee Hiong, Irvin, Jennifer A, Betancourt, Tania, Holtz, Mark W. FEES and Machine Learning for Diagnostics, Texas State University, Texas State University, $10000. (Funded: March 2019 - March 2020). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
New Mexico State University Department of Physics External Advisory Board
Department of Physics
September 1, 2014-Present
Reviewer / Referee
National Science Foundation - for individual grants and panels
Mechanical Engineering Department Graduate Program Review Team, TTU
MSEC Committee on Student Research Productivity Expectations