Faculty Profile for Dr. Lucas J Rusnak
Biography and EducationLucas Rusnak received his Ph.D from Binghamton University in 2010. His research is in oriented hypergraphs and combinatorial matrix theory. He is particularly interested in generalizations of the structural and matroidal properties of signed and gain graphs, as well as the roles frustration and balance play in oriented hypergraphs.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Rusnak, L. J., Shroff, P. R., Couvillion, E. B., & Schmidt, M. (2019). Oriented Hypergraphic Matrix-tree Type Theorems and Bidirected Minors via Boolean Order Ideals. Journal of Algebraic Combinatorics, 49(4), 461–473.
- Rusnak, L. J., Couvillion, E. B., Chen, G., Liu, V., & Wang, K. (2018). A Characterization of Oriented Hypergraphic Laplacian and Adjacency Matrix Coefficients. Linear Algebra and Its Applications.
- Rusnak, L. J. (2013). Oriented Hypergraphs: Introduction and Balance. Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, 20(3).
- Rusnak, L. J., Chen, V., Rao, A., & Yang, A. (2015). A characterization of oriented hypergraphic balance via signed weak-walks. Linear Algebra and Its Applications, 485, 442–453.
- Reff, N., & Rusnak, L. J. (2012). An oriented hypergraphic approach to algebraic graph theory. Linear Algebra and Its Applications, 437(9), 2262–2270.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Teaching 2019. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Teaching 2018, Texas State University. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2021 Health Scholar Showcase Award, TXST Translational Health Center. December 2021
- Award / Honor Nominee: President Award for Excellence in Teaching 2019. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Recognition for Supervision of Honors Thesis, Texas State University Honors College. 2019
Selected Service Activities
Editorial Review Board Member
Proceedings of the International Web Conference on SIGNED GRAPHS & ALLIED AREAS
BIG IDEAS: Data Science Solutions Center
Reviewer / Referee
Reviewer / Referee