Faculty Profile for Dr. Daniela Ferrero
Teaching Interestsdiscrete mathematics, graph theory, applied linear algebra
Research InterestsInterconnection networks, Hyperdigraphs, Graph propagation processes, Pursuit-evasion games, Power Domination, Zero Forcing, Chip Firing, Hamiltonicity
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Bozeman, C., Brimkov, B., Erickson, C., Ferrero, D., Flagg, M., & Hogben, L. (2019). Restricted power domination and zero forcing problems. Journal of Combinatorial Optimization, 33(3), 935–956. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1007/s10878-018-0330-6
- Ferrero, D., Kalinowski, T., & Stephen, S. (2019). Zero forcing in iterated line digraphs. Discrete Applied Mathematics, 255, 198–208. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dam.2018.08.019
- Benson, K. F., Ferrero, D., Flagg, M., Furst, V., Hogben, L., & Vasilevska, V. (2018). Nordhaus-Gaddum problems for power domination. Discrete Applied Mathematics, 251, 103–113. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dam.2018.06.004
- Ferrero, D., Boyer, K., Brimkov, B., English, S., Keller, A., Kirsch, R., … Reinhart, C. (n.d.). The zero forcing polynomial of a graph. Boris Brimkov. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dam.2018.11.033
- Deines, A., Ferrero, D., Graham, E., Manore, C., Price, C., & Seong Im, M. (Eds.). (2018). Advances in the Mathematical Sciences (AWM Springer Series). Springer International Publishing. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-98684-5
- Award / Honor Recipient: One Math Professor Award, Pearson’s - Mathematical Association of America. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Distinguished Member of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Honors College at Texas State University. 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: ERUDITE Fellowship, Government of Kerala, India. 2009
- Award / Honor Recipient: Runner-Up Excellence in Research Award, College of Science. 2006
- Award / Honor Recipient: Mentor Award Siemens-Westinghouse Competition on Math Science and Technology, Siemens Foundation. 2004
- Ferrero, Daniela Maria (Co-Principal), Matusevich, Laura (Principal). South-Central Combinatorics Conference, NSF, Federal, $5650.00. (Funded: 2016). Grant.
- Ferrero, Daniela Maria. Association for Women in Mathematics, NSF, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $1891. (Funded: 2015). Grant.
- Ferrero, Daniela (Principal). Women Doing Math, MAA-Tensor Program for Women and Mathematics, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $6000.00. (Funded: May 2018 - May 2019). Grant.
- Ferrero, Daniela (Principal). Yes, we can do math!, MAA-Tensor SUMMA Program, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $6000.00. (Funded: May 2017 - May 2018). Grant.
- Ferrero, Daniela (Co-Principal), Benson, Katie (Co-Principal), Flagg, Mary (Co-Principal), Hogben, Leslie (Co-Principal), Vasilevska, Violeta (Co-Principal). Research Undegraduate Faculty, NSF / AIM (American Institute of Mathematics), $6437.78. (Funded: July 2017). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
November 30, 2018-Present
MAA Poster Session at Joint Math Meetings 2019
January 18, 2019-January 18, 2019
HR Board, American Institute of Mathematics (AIM)
November 6, 2018-Present
Texas State Chapter of the Association for Women in Mathematics
Texas State Chapter - Association for Women in Mathematics