Faculty Profile for Dr. Daniela Ferrero
Teaching InterestsDiscrete Mathematics, Graph Theory, Linear Algebra.
Research InterestsInterconnection Network Models, Directed Graphs and Directed Hypergraphs, Propagation Processes, Pursuit-Evasion Games, Zero Forcing, Rank Minimization, Chip Firing, Hamiltonicity and Graph Factorization.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Ferrero, D., Flagg, M., Hall, H. T., Hogben, L., Lin, J. C.-H., Meyer, S. A., … Shader, B. (2019). Rigid linkages and partial zero forcing. Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, 26(2). https://doi.org/https://www.combinatorics.org/ojs/index.php/eljc/article/view/v26i2p43/7857
- Ferrero, D., Gregorious, C., Kalinowski, T., Ryan, J., & Stephen, S. (2019). Minimum rank and zero forcing number for butterfly networks. Journal of Combinatorial Optimization, 37(3), 970–988. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10878-018-0335-1
- Ferrero, D., Boyer, K., Brimkov, B., English, S., Keller, A., Kirsch, R., … Reinhart, C. (2019). The zero forcing polynomial of a graph. Discrete Applied Mathematics, 258, 35–48. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dam.2018.11.033
- Bozeman, C., Brimkov, B., Erickson, C., Ferrero, D., Flagg, M., & Hogben, L. (2019). Restricted power domination and zero forcing problems. Journal of Combinatorial Optimization, 33(3), 935–956. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10878-018-0330-6
- Ferrero, D., Kalinowski, T., & Stephen, S. (2019). Zero forcing in iterated line digraphs. Discrete Applied Mathematics, 255, 198–208. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dam.2018.08.019
- Award / Honor Recipient: One Math Professor Award, Pearson’s - Mathematical Association of America. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Distinguished Member of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Honors College at Texas State University. 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: ERUDITE Fellowship, Government of Kerala, India. 2009
- Award / Honor Recipient: Runner-Up Excellence in Research Award, College of Science. 2006
- Award / Honor Recipient: Mentor Award Siemens-Westinghouse Competition on Math Science and Technology, Siemens Foundation. 2004
- Ferrero, Daniela Maria (Co-Principal), Matusevich, Laura (Principal). South-Central Combinatorics Conference, NSF, Federal, $5650.00. (Funded: 2016). Grant.
- Ferrero, Daniela Maria. Association for Women in Mathematics, NSF, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $1891. (Funded: 2015). Grant.
- Ferrero, Daniela (Principal). Women Doing Math, MAA-Tensor Program for Women and Mathematics, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $6000.00. (Funded: May 2018 - May 2019). Grant.
- Ferrero, Daniela (Principal). Yes, we can do math!, MAA-Tensor SUMMA Program, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $6000.00. (Funded: May 2017 - May 2018). Grant.
- Ferrero, Daniela (Co-Principal), Benson, Katie (Co-Principal), Flagg, Mary (Co-Principal), Hogben, Leslie (Co-Principal), Vasilevska, Violeta (Co-Principal). Research Undegraduate Faculty, NSF / AIM (American Institute of Mathematics), $6437.78. (Funded: July 2017). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
National Science Foundation (NSF)
March 2019-March 2019
National Science Foundation (NSF)
December 2018-December 2018
Reviewer / Referee
Journal of Graph Theory (Wiley)
Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM)
Steering Committee Member for the AWM Research Network for Women in Graph Theory and Applications (Program AWM Advances)
Member of the Board of Human Resources
NSF / AIM (American Institute of Mathematics)