Faculty Profile for Dr. Namwon Kim
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Park, S., Moore, S. A., Lee, J., Song, I. –H., Farshchian, B., & Kim, N. (2018). Hydrothermal Growth of ZnO Nanowires on UV Nanoimprinted Polymer Structures. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 18, 3686–3692.
- Heo, S.-Y., Ko, S.-C., Nam, S. Y., Oh, J., Kim, Y.-M., Kim, J.-I., … Jung, w.-K. (2018). Fish Bone Peptide Promotes Osteogenic Differentiation of MC3T3-E1 Pre-Osteoblasts Through Upregulation of MAPKs and Smad Pathway Activated BMP-2 Receptor. Cell Biochemistry & Function, 36, 137–146.
- Farshchian, B., Pierce, J. B., Beheshti, M. S., Park, S., & Kim, N. (2018). Droplet Impinging Behavior on Surfaces with Wettability Contrasts. Microelectronic Engineering, 195, 50–56.
- Ko, S.-C., Heo, S.-Y., Choi, S.-W., Qian, Z.-J., Heo, S.-J., Kang, D.-H., … Jung, W.-K. (2018). A heptameric peptide isolated from the marine microalga pavlova lutheri suppresses PMA-induced secretion of matrix metalloproteinase-9 through the inactivation of the JNK, p38, and NF-B pathways in human fibrosarcoma cells. Journal of Applied Phycology, 30, 2367–2378.
- Farshchian, B., Gatabi, J. R., Bernick, S. M., Lee, G.-H., Droopad, R., & Kim, N. (2018). Scaling and mechanism of droplet arrays formation on a laser-patterned PDMS with a superhydrophobic grid. Colloids and Surfaces A, 547, 49–55.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Certificate of Recognition, ASME. 2016 - Present
- Award / Honor Nominee: Teacher of the year, Department of Engineering, Texas A&M International University, Laredo, TX. 2013
- Award / Honor Nominee: Outstanding Graduate Assistant, 2009 ME Graduate Student Conference, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA. 2009
- Award / Honor Recipient: Graduate School Travel Award, Graduate School, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA. 2008
- Award / Honor Recipient: Outstanding Poster Award, 2008 Science and Engineering Research Day, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA. 2008
- Kim, Namwon (Principal). University Travel Grant (UTG), Office of Research and Sponsored Program (ORSP), Texas A&M International University, Institutional (Higher Ed), $2000. (Funded: February 2013). Grant.
- Song, In-Hyouk (Co-Principal), Kim, Namwon (Co-Principal), You, Byoung Hee (Principal). A study for manufacturing and assembly of environment-friendly micro energy harvesting system, Yujin Energy Consulting Corp., $27208.25. (Funded: February 15, 2018 - November 30, 2018). Grant.
- Kim, Namwon (Principal), Lee, Young Ju (Co-Principal). Computational and Experimental Investigations of Wormlike Micellar Fluids for Enhanced Oil Recovery, American Chemical Society (ACS) Petroleum Research Fund (PRF), American Chemistry Society (ACS) Petroleum Research Fund (PRF), $110000. (Funded: December 1, 2016 - August 31, 2019). Grant.
- Kim, Namwon (Principal). Droplet Arrays Formation on Laser-Induced Grids for High Throughput Bioassays, Texas State University, $6000. (Funded: December 1, 2016 - December 31, 2017). Grant.
- Kim, Namwon (Co-Principal). Acquisition of an Aerosol Jet 3D Printing System for Flexible Electronic Circuits, Additive Manufacturing and Material Development, National Science Foundation (NSF), Federal, $264128. (Funded: September 1, 2016 - August 31, 2019). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Award Nomination Committee
Materials Science, Engineering, and Commercialization Program
Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association (KSEA), Austin Chapter
National Math and Science Competition (NMSC) Committee, Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association (KSEA)
Sr. Design Day