Faculty Profile for Dr. Austin Bates Talley
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Talley, A. B., & Compeau, C. R. (n.d.). Work in Progress: Senior design day during a pandemic: virtually the same as in person?
- Compeau, C. R., Talley, A. B., & Tran, P. Q. (2019). Active Learning in Electrical Engineering: Measuring the Difference. Retrieved from https://www.asee.org/public/conferences/140/papers/25101/view
- Compeau, C. R., & Talley, A. B. (2019). Work In Progress: Is Our Capstone Mentorship Model Working?
- Hotchkiss, S., Talley, K. G., Londa, M., & Talley, A. B. (2019). Do I Belong in a Makerspace?: Investigating Student Belonging and Non-verbal Cues in a University Makerspace.
- Talley, A., & Compeau, C. R. (2018). Senior Design Day – Multi-discipline and Multi-department Capstone Presentation Event. New Braunfels, United States.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National College Honor Society- Alfred H. Nolle Ch. 2021
- Award / Honor Recipient: Excellence in Service – COSE College Achievement Awards, TxState College of Science and Engineering. 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Teaching, Texas State University. 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Teaching Award of Honor -, Texas State Alumni Association. 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: -Graduating Student Recognition of Campus Support, TXState. 2019
- Talley, Austin Bates. Process Design For Recycling HDPE in Product Manufacturing, Hunt & Hunt Ltd., Private / Foundation / Corporate, $5000. (Funded: 2020 - Present). Grant.
- Talley, Austin Bates. 3D Printing with Recycled Material, Hunt & Hunt Ltd., Private / Foundation / Corporate, $5000. (Funded: 2019 - Present). Grant.
- Talley, Austin Bates. Penny Press Machine, Hunt & Hunt Ltd., Private / Foundation / Corporate, $5000. (Funded: 2018 - Present). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Mechanical Engineering Professor of Practice Search Committee
Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering Faculty Writing Committee
Ingram School of Engineering Senior Design Committee
Ingram Hall Makerspace Coordinator
Ingram Hall Makerspace
Founding Research Fellow: LBJ Institute for STEM Education and Reserach