Faculty Profile for Dr. Harold P Stern
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Ramsey, Z., Lovejoy, C., Jones, K., & Stern, H. P. (2016). A CDMA-based RFID System Inventory System.
- Stapleton, W., Asiabanpour, B., Stern, H., & Gourgey, H. (2009). A Novel Engineering Outreach to High School Education (p. W1H–1 – W1H–5).
- Stapleton, W., Asiabanpour, B., Stern, H. P., & Gourgey, H. (2009). A Novel Engineering Outreach to High School Education (p. W1H–1 – W1H–5).
- Holt, J., Shi, H., & Stern, H. P. (2009). Educational Goals for Embedded Systems in the Multicore Era.
- Pandey, R. K., Stern, H., Geerts, W. J., Padmini, P., Kale, P., … Dou, J. (2008). Room temperature magnetic-semiconductors in modified iron titanates: their properties and potential microelectronic devices. Advances in Science and Technology, Volume 54, 216–222.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Eta Kappa Nu Outstanding Electrical Engineering Instructor. 2006
- Award / Honor Recipient: Eta Kappa Nu Outstanding Electrical Engineering Instructor. 2002
- Award / Honor Recipient: Tau Beta Pi Outstanding College of Engineering Professor. 2000
- Award / Honor Recipient: John Mallet Outstanding Faculty Member, The Mallet Assembly (University-Wide Men’s Honors Program). 2000
- Award / Honor Recipient: Outstanding Commitment to Teaching Award, Univ. of Alabama National Alumni Assn. 1998
- Aslan, Semih (Principal), Stern, Harold P (Co-Principal). Through-the-Earth Data Transmission Systems to Enable Buried Environmental Sensors, NEC Empowerment Grant, $69000. (Funded: September 1, 2016 - March 31, 2018). Grant.
- Jin, Tongdan (Principal), Asiabanpour, Bahram (Co-Principal), Aslan, Semih (Co-Principal), Jimenez, Jesus (Co-Principal), Mendez, Francis A (Co-Principal), Qasem, Apan Muhammad (Co-Principal), Romanella, S (Co-Principal), Stern, Harold P (Co-Principal), Tate, Jitendra S (Co-Principal). Developing high school students curiosity in science and technology in Capstone Design Days, Halliburton Foundation, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $8600. (Funded: September 2014 - May 2015). Grant.
- Stern, Harold P (Principal). Developing a Prototype Class 1, Generation 2, DSSS-based RFID System, $58250. (Funded: September 1, 2014 - August 31, 2015). Grant.
- Asiabanpour, Bahram (Principal), Stern, Harold P (Co-Principal), Stapleton, W. (Co-Principal), Salamy, H. (Co-Principal), Aslan, S. (Co-Principal), Jimenez, J. (Co-Principal), Romanella, S. (Co-Principal), Larson, L. (Co-Principal). E-GEN Camp: Texas State University Next Generation STEM/Energy Camp, $100000. (Funded: January 1, 2014 - December 31, 2014). Grant.
- Stern, Harold P. A Learning Community to Promote Success for At-Risk Engineering Students, National Science Foundation, $500000. (Funded: October 1, 2006 - September 30, 2010). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Search Committee for New Director of Ingram School of Engineering
CoSE Tenure and Promotion Committee
Department Personnel Committee
August 23, 2018-Present
Texas State General Education Council
Advisory Panel for EVERGREEN (USDA-sponsored multi-institutional research & education initiative)