Faculty Profile for Dr. Karl Stephan
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Stephan, K. D. (2018, August). Worrying about worrying about AI. Product Design & Development, 17.
- Stephan, K. D. (2018, June). Don’t worry about a trade war. Product Design & Development, 17.
- Stephan, K. D. (2018, January). Imagine there’s no patents. Product Design & Development, 27.
- Stephan, K. D., & Hernandez-Guerrero, J. M. (2017). Electrostatic Pendulum Showing Corona-Induced Negative Drag Coefficient. Journal of Applied Physics, 122, 243302.
- Stephan, K. D. (2017, November). The key to success may not be what you think, 27.
- Stephan, Karl D (Principal). Investigation of Novel Propagation Modes in Plasma-Enclosed Waveguide, Julian Schwinger Foundation, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $50000. (Submitted: April 1, 2016, Funded: December 11, 2017 - December 11, 2019). Grant.
- Stephan, Karl. Research Enhancement Grant, Development and Test of a Steam Plasma Jet for Biodecontamination, $8000. (Submitted: October 2013, Funded: 2014). Grant.
- Stephan, Karl. Research Enhancement Grant, Production and Analysis of Hydrogen Spectra in Water-Bearing Plasmoids, $8000. (Funded: 2012). Grant.
- Stephan, Karl. Research Enhancement Grant, Large-area atmospheric-pressure glow plasmas formed with natural and artificial dielectrics, $8000. (Funded: 2009). Grant.
- Stephan, Karl (Principal). Experimental Investigation of Ball Lightning Formation Mechanisms, Julian Schwinger Foundation, $25000. (Funded: January 2008 - December 2008). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
College Research Enhancement Grant Committee
Ingram School of Engineering Personnel Committee
January 2013-August 2015
Electrical Engineering Program Advisor
Ingram School of Engineering
September 2012-August 2015
Board of Directors of the National Institute for Engineering Ethics
Historian of IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society