Faculty Profile for Dr. Clara M Novoa
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- *Anandhan, V., Perez, E., & Novoa, C. M. (n.d.). A Simulation based Planning Methodology for Decreasing Patient Waiting Times in Pure Walk-in Clinics. International Journal of Information Systems in the Service Sector (IJISSS).
- Qasem, A. M., Novoa, C. M., Kolla, C. S., & Coyle, S. (2018). High-Accuracy Scalable Solutions to the Dynamic Facility Layout Problem. Super Computing (SC 18) - The International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage, and Analysis Proceedings, 1–2. Retrieved from https://sc18.supercomputing.org/proceedings/tech_poster/poster_files/post169s2-file3.pdf
- Pham, A., Jin, T., Novoa, C. M., & Temponi, C. C. (2018). A Prosumerism Approach to Production-Inventory Planning under Bi-directional Energy Flow. In International Conference on Information Systems, Logistics and Supply Chain (ILS 2018) (pp. 1–8).
- Novoa, C. M., Siddique, K., Guirguis, M. S., & Tahsini, A. (2018). A Game-Theoretic Two-Stage Stochastic Programing Model to Protect CPS against Attacks. In IEEE 16th International Conference on Industrial Informatics (INDIN) (pp. 15–22).
- Guirguis, M. S., Tahsini, A., Siddique, K., Novoa, C. M., Moore, J., Julien, C., & Dunstatter, N. (2018). BLOC: A Game-Theoretic Approach to Orchestrate CPS against Cyber Attacks. In IEEE Conference on Communications and Network Security (CNS).
- Award / Honor Recipient: H-LSAMP Mentor Recognition Letters, H-LSAMP. May 2016 - May 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professors for 2017, Alpha Chi Honor Society. November 13, 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Graduating Student Recognition of Campus Support Program, Vice-President for Student Affairs Office. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Graduating Student Recognition of Campus Support Program, Vice-President for Student Affairs Office. 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Graduating Student Recognition of Campus Support Program, Vice-President for Student Affairs Office. 2013
- Novoa, Clara M (Principal). “One-Time Fee Funding Student Service Fee Reserves”, Student Service Fee Committee (SSFC) Texas State University, $1219. (Funded: 2011). Grant.
- Jin, T (Principal), Novoa, Clara M (Co-Principal). "ME-Green: Manufacturing for Environment by Generating Renewable Energy in Enterprise Networks", NSF - CBET Environmental Sustainability, Federal, $199286. (Funded: July 15, 2017 - June 30, 2020). Grant.
- Qasem, Apan Muhammad, Novoa, Clara M. High-performance QAP Solvers on the POWER8, IBM Corporation, IBM Corporation, $22500. (Funded: May 2017 - Present). Grant.
- Ortiz, Araceli, Guirguis, Mina S, Close, Eleanor W, Novoa, Clara M, Talley, Kimberly Grau. Texas State STEM Rising Stars, NSF, $1500000. (Funded: January 2015 - January 2019). Grant.
- Ortiz, Araceli (Principal), Close, Eleanor (Co-Principal), Guirguis, Mina (Co-Principal), Novoa, Clara (Co-Principal), Talley, Kimberly Grau (Co-Principal). Texas State STEM Rising Stars, National Science Foundation Improving Undergraduate STEM Education (IUSE) program, Federal, $1500000. (Funded: January 1, 2015 - January 31, 2019). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Faculty Search Committee, Director, Ingram School of Engineering
School Personnel Committee
University of Texas at Austin. “Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day”.
Reviewer / Referee
European Journal of Operational Research
Advise undergraduate students in Industrial Engineering about curriculum and career issues. Answer questions from parents and students interested in the School