Faculty Profile for Dr. Jesus Jimenez
Biography and EducationJesus A. Jimenez is an Associate Professor in the Ingram School of Engineering at Texas State University. He received his B.S. and M.S. in Industrial Engineering from The University of Texas at El Paso, and his Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering from Arizona State University. His research interests are in modeling and analysis of manufacturing systems; data intensive analysis & simulation; sustainable manufacturing & supply chain systems. He is a member of the College Industry Council on Material Handling Education (CICMHE) since 2016. His email address is email@example.com.
Teaching InterestsSimulation; Design of Experiments; Applied Statistics; IE Design
Research InterestsModeling and analysis of manufacturing systems; data intensive analysis & simulation; sustainable manufacturing & supply chain systems.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Mendez, F. A., Wierschem, D. C., & Jimenez, J. (2018). A Motion Capture System Framework for the Study of Human Manufacturing Repetitive Motions. In Digital Commons@Georgia Southern (pp. 1–8). Georgia Southern University. Retrieved from https://digitalcommons.georgiasouthern.edu/pmhr_2018/25
- Jimenez, J. A., Mackulak, G., & Fowler, J. (2008). Levels of capacity and material handling system modeling for factory integration decision making in semiconductor wafer fabs. IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing, 21, 600–613.
- Lopez Perez, F., Ekin, T., Mendez, F., & Jimenez, J. (n.d.). Risk Balanced Territory Design for a Micro Finance Institution. Journal of Industrial and Management Optimization.
- Ziarnetzky, T., Moench, L., Kannaian, T. K., & Jimenez, J. A. (2017). Incorporating elements of a sustainable and distributed generation system into a production planning model for a wafer fab.
- McClellan, S., Jimenez, J., & Koutitas, G. (2017). The Smart Grid: Anchor of the Smart City. In Smart Cities: Applications, Technologies, Standards and Driving Factors. USA: Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-59381-4
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professors for 2018! April 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Academic Contribution Merit Award, WITNESS. August 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: Material Handling Industry of America (MHIA) and the College Industry Council on Material Handling Education (CICMHE), Material Handling Teachers Institute. July 2009
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Systems Management Paper Finalist, International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Systems Management. May 2009
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching, College of Science. August 2008
- Jimenez, Jesus (Principal), Aslan, Semih (Co-Principal), Koutitas, Georgios (Co-Principal), Mendez, Francis A (Co-Principal), Valles Molina, Damian (Co-Principal), Wierschem, David C (Co-Principal). Using Industry 4.0 Digital Twins to Model Human Labor in Smart Material Handling Systems, Toyota Material Handling, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $197411.11. (Submitted: December 14, 2018). Grant.
- Asiabanpour, Bahram (Principal), Aslan, Semih (Co-Principal), Ortiz, Araceli Martinez (Co-Principal), Jimenez, Jesus (Co-Principal), Kim, Yoo-Jae (Co-Principal), Salamy, H (Co-Principal). Designing green-engineering summer camp, Source: Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB)-Engineering Summer Program, State, $12500. (Funded: June 2014). Grant.
- Mendez, Francis A, Jimenez, Jesus A. (Co-Principal). Time and Motion Studies Using Motion Capture Technology, Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, $15760.00. (Submitted: October 2017, Funded: January 2018 - December 2018). Grant.
- Asiabanpour, Bahram (Principal), Aslan, Semih (Co-Principal), Jimenez, Jesus (Co-Principal), Salamy, H (Co-Principal), Kim, Yoo-Jae (Co-Principal), Ortiz, Araceli Martinez (Co-Principal), Viswanathan, Vishu Ramamoorthy (Co-Principal). REENERGIZE: Recruitment and retention of students in STEM programs through a renewable energy research and education partnership with five minority institutions, DOE MSEIP, Federal, $613822. (Funded: January 2015 - December 2017). Grant.
- Aslan, Semih (Principal), Asiabanpour, Bahram (Co-Principal), Salamy, H (Co-Principal), Jimenez, Jesus (Co-Principal), Londa, Michelle (Co-Principal). A BRIDGE program to engage, sustain and empower women and minorities in STEM, USDA-WAMS, Federal, $417017. (Funded: 2014 - 2017). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Member of Personnel Committee, Ingram School of Engineering
Advisory Board Member
Industrial Manufacturing and Systems Engineering, The University of Texas at El Paso
Reviewer / Referee
Computers and Industrial Engineering
Reviewer / Referee
European Journal of Industrial Engineering