Faculty Profile for Dr. Jesus Jimenez
Biography and EducationJesus A. Jimenez is a Professor in the Ingram School of Engineering at Texas State University. He received his B.S. and M.S. in Industrial Engineering from The University of Texas at El Paso, and his Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering from Arizona State University. His research interests are in modeling and analysis of manufacturing systems; data intensive analysis & simulation; sustainable manufacturing & supply chain systems. He is a member of the College Industry Council on Material Handling Education (CICMHE) since 2016. His email address is email@example.com.
Teaching InterestsSimulation; Design of Experiments; Applied Statistics; IE Design
Research InterestsModeling and analysis of manufacturing systems; data intensive analysis & simulation; sustainable manufacturing & supply chain systems.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Park, J., Lee, S., Jimenez, J., Kim, S. K., & Kim, J. (n.d.). Indoor Positioning based Mobile Resource Movement Data Management System for Smart Factory Operations Management. International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks.
- Jimenez, J. (2020, January). Digital Twins: Improving the Material Handling Industry Workforce through Digital Representations of Human-Based Operations. MHI Solutions Magazine.
- Mendez, F. A., Wierschem, D. C., & Jimenez, J. (2018). A Motion Capture System Framework for the Study of Human Manufacturing Repetitive Motions. In Digital Commons@Georgia Southern (pp. 1–8). Georgia Southern University. Retrieved from https://digitalcommons.georgiasouthern.edu/pmhr_2018/25
- Jimenez, J. A., Mackulak, G., & Fowler, J. (2008). Levels of capacity and material handling system modeling for factory integration decision making in semiconductor wafer fabs. IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing, 21, 600–613.
- Hernandez, G., Valles Molina, D., Wierschem, D. C., Rolfe, R. M., Koutitas, G., Aslan, S., … Jimenez, J. (2020). Machine Learning Techniques for Motion Analysis of Fatigue from Manual Material Handling Operations Using 3D Motion Capture Data (pp. 0300–0305). IEEE. https://doi.org/10.1109/CCWC47524.2020.9031222
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professors for 2018! April 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Academic Contribution Merit Award, WITNESS. August 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: Material Handling Industry of America (MHIA) and the College Industry Council on Material Handling Education (CICMHE), Material Handling Teachers Institute. July 2009
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Systems Management Paper Finalist, International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Systems Management. May 2009
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching, College of Science. August 2008
- Jimenez, Jesus. Public Call: Short and Long Visits of Foreign Experts and Higher Education Teachers To Higher Education Institutions 2019-2022, Slovenia / University of Maribor, Other. (Submitted: August 2019, Funded: May 25, 2020 - June 4, 2020). Grant.
- Koldenhoven, Rachel Mary (Principal), Jimenez, Jesus (Co-Principal). Biomechanics of Lifting, Pushing, and Pulling Tasks in Inexperienced and Experienced Industry Workers, Texas State University, $16000. (Submitted: October 8, 2019, Funded: January 2020 - May 2021). Grant.
- Jimenez, Jesus (Principal), Aslan, Semih (Co-Principal), Koutitas, Georgios (Co-Principal), Mendez, Francis A (Co-Principal), Valles Molina, Damian (Co-Principal), Wierschem, David C (Co-Principal). Using Industry 4.0 Digital Twins to Model Human Labor in Smart Material Handling Systems, Toyota Material Handling, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $197411.11. (Submitted: December 14, 2018, Funded: August 14, 2019 - August 13, 2020). Grant.
- Asiabanpour, Bahram (Principal), Aslan, Semih (Co-Principal), Ortiz, Araceli Martinez (Co-Principal), Jimenez, Jesus (Co-Principal), Kim, Yoo-Jae (Co-Principal), Salamy, H (Co-Principal). Designing green-engineering summer camp, Source: Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB)-Engineering Summer Program, State, $12500. (Funded: June 2014). Grant.
- Mendez, Francis A, Jimenez, Jesus A. (Co-Principal). Time and Motion Studies Using Motion Capture Technology, Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, $15760.00. (Submitted: October 2017, Funded: January 2018 - December 2018). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Ingram School of Engineering Personnel Committee
September 2019-August 2020
Member of Personnel Committee, Ingram School of Engineering
Industrial Manufacturing and Systems Engineering, The University of Texas at El Paso
Reviewer / Referee
Computers and Industrial Engineering