Faculty Profile for Dr. Jesus Jimenez
Biography and EducationJesus A. Jimenez is a Professor and Interim Director of the Ingram School of Engineering at Texas State University. He received his B.S. and M.S. in Industrial Engineering from The University of Texas at El Paso, and his Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering from Arizona State University. His research interests are in modeling and analysis of manufacturing systems; data intensive analysis & simulation; sustainable manufacturing & supply chain systems. He is a member of the College Industry Council on Material Handling Education (CICMHE) since 2016. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teaching InterestsSimulation; Design of Experiments; Applied Statistics; IE Design
Research InterestsModeling and analysis of manufacturing systems; data intensive analysis & simulation; digital twins.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Kim, J., Mendez, F. A., & Jimenez, J. (2020). Storage location assignment heuristics based on slot selection and frequent itemset grouping for large distribution centers. IEEE Access, 8, 189025–189035. https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2020.3031585
- Wierschem, D. C., Jimenez, J. A., & Mendez, F. A. (2020). A Motion Capture System for the Study of Human Manufacturing Repetitive Motions. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. Retrieved from McCoy College
- Sharotry, A., Jimenez, J. A., Mendez, F. A., Wierschem, D. C., Rolfe, R. M., & Valles Molina, D. (n.d.). Manufacturing Operator Ergonomics: A Conceptual Digital Twin Approach to Detect Biomechanical Fatigue. IEEE Access.
- Park, J., Lee, S., Jimenez, J., Kim, S. K., & Kim, J. (2020). Indoor positioning based mobile resource movement data management system for smart factory operations management. International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, 16(2), 1–10.
- Jimenez, J. (2020, January). Digital twins: improving the material handling industry workforce through digital representations of human-based operations. MHI Solutions Magazine.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professors for 2018! April 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Academic Contribution Merit Award, WITNESS. August 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: Material Handling Industry of America (MHIA) and the College Industry Council on Material Handling Education (CICMHE), Material Handling Teachers Institute. July 2009
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Systems Management Paper Finalist, International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Systems Management. May 2009
- Award / Honor Recipient: Award for Excellence in Teaching, College of Science. August 2008
- Asiabanpour, Bahram (Principal), Aslan, Semih (Co-Principal), Ortiz, Araceli Martinez (Co-Principal), Jimenez, Jesus (Co-Principal), Kim, Yoo-Jae (Co-Principal), Salamy, H (Co-Principal). Designing green-engineering summer camp, Source: Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB)-Engineering Summer Program, State, $12500. (Funded: June 2014). Grant.
- Wang, Feng (Principal), Jimenez, Jesus (Co-Principal), Luo, Xiaohua (Co-Principal). Administration of the Dwight David Eisenhower Transportation Fellowship Program (DDETFP) Local Competition at Texas State University, Federal Highway Administration, Federal, $25500. (Funded: December 2021 - August 31, 2022). Grant.
- Ameri, Farhad, Khaleghian, Seyedmeysam (Co-Principal), Tate, Jitendra S (Supporting), Trueba, Luis (Supporting), You, Byoung Hee (Supporting), Song, In-Hyouk (Supporting), Jimenez, Jesus (Supporting), Chen, Heping (Supporting), Emami, Anahita (Supporting). REU Site: Multidisciplinary Research Experience in Advance Manufacturing for Undergraduates, National Science Foundation (NSF), Federal, $396737. (Funded: May 1, 2021 - August 1, 2024). Grant.
- Jimenez, Jesus, Mendez, Francis A, Perez, Eduardo, Wright, Robert L (Supporting). Exploratory Analysis and Quality Assurance to Support Texas State Use Program Administration, Texas Workforce Commission, State, $197752. (Submitted: November 2019, Funded: September 28, 2020 - August 31, 2021). Grant.
- Koldenhoven, Rachel Mary (Principal), Jimenez, Jesus (Co-Principal). Biomechanics of Lifting, Pushing, and Pulling Tasks in Inexperienced and Experienced Industry Workers, Texas State University, $16000. (Submitted: October 8, 2019, Funded: January 2020 - May 2021). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Ingram School of Engineering Personnel Committee
September 2019-August 2020
Mission Review Task Force
March 8, 2022-Present
Faculty Ombudsman Selection Committee
February 2, 2022-Present
Reviewer / Referee
Annals of Operations Research
International Education Fee Scholarship (IEFS) Committee
September 24, 2020-Present