Faculty Profile for Dr. Bahram Asiabanpour
Biography and EducationPhD and CMfgE
Teaching InterestsLearning by doing
Research InterestsAdditive Manufacturing, Renewable Energy,
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Almusaied, Z., Asiabanpour, B., & Aslan, S. (2018). Optimization of Solar Energy Harvesting: An Empirical Approach. Journal of Solar Energy, 2018. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/9609735
- Asiabanpour, B. (2019). Additive Manufacturing: Instrumental Systems in Research, Education, and Service. Springer.
- Asiabanpour, B., Almusaied, Z., Davidson, K., & Rainosek, K. (2019). A comparison between simulation and empirical methods to determine fixed versus sun-tracking photovoltaic panel performance. International Journal of Computer Aided Technology (IJCAT).
- Asiabanpour, B., Ownby, N., Summers, M., & Moghimi, F. (2019). Atmospheric Water Generation and Energy Consumption: An Empirical Analysis, IEEE Texas Power and Energy Conference (TPEC 19).
- Casey Ausanka, K., & Asiabanpour, B. (2019). Evaluation of a passive optical fiber daylighting system for vegetative plant growth, IEEE Texas Power and Energy Conference (TPEC 19).
- Award / Honor Recipient: Mariel M. Muir Excellence in Mentoring Award, Texas State University. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Distinguished Faculty Advisor Award, Society of Manufacturing Engineers. 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Appreciation letter for five years serving as Editor in chief for the American Journal of Engineering Education, The Clute Institute. 2015
- Award / Honor Nominee: Who’s Who in Science and Engineering, Marquis Who’s Who. 2011 - 2012
- Award / Honor Recipient: Distinguished Faculty Advisor Award, Society of Manufacturing Engineers. 2011
- Asiabanpour, Bahram (Principal), Wagner, N., Mix, K., Ghoddusi, H., Lewis, S., Aslan, S., Chumbley, T.. EverGreen: A Cross-Disciplinary Research-Based Education Program for Hispanic Students at the Food-Water-Energy Intersection, USDA-NIFA, $1000000. (Funded: 2016 - 2020). Grant.
- Ortiz, A. (Principal), Huling, L. (Principal), Beck, J. (Co-Principal), Asiabanpour, Bahram (Co-Principal), Bos, B. (Co-Principal), Close, E. (Co-Principal), Dickinson, G. (Co-Principal), Fabac, C. (Co-Principal), Sriraman, V. (Co-Principal), Van Overschelde, J. (Co-Principal). NASA STEM Educator Professional Development Collaborative-NASA EPDC, NASA, Federal, $14998963. (Funded: 2014 - 2019). Grant.
- Asiabanpour, Bahram (Principal), Aslan, S. (Co-Principal), Jimenez, J. (Co-Principal), Salamy, H. (Co-Principal), Kim, Y. (Co-Principal), Ortiz, A. (Co-Principal), Viswanatan, V. (Co-Principal). REENERGIZE: Recruitment and Retention of Students in STEM Programs through a Renewable Energy Research and Education Partnership with Five Minority Institutions, Department of Education-MSEIP, Federal, $613822. (Funded: 2014 - 2018). Grant.
- Aslan, S. (Principal), Asiabanpour, Bahram (Co-Principal), Salamy, H. (Co-Principal), Jimenez, J. (Co-Principal), Londa, M. (Co-Principal). A BRIDGE Program to Engage, Sustain and Empower Women and Minorities in STEM (ESE WAMS), USDA- WAMS, $417017. (Funded: 2014 - 2016). Grant.
- Asiabanpour, Bahram (Principal), Aslan, S. (Co-Principal), Ortiz, A. (Co-Principal), Jimenez, J. (Co-Principal), Kim, Y. (Co-Principal), Salamy, H. (Co-Principal). Designing Green-Engineering Summer Camp, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) ESP- Engineering Summer Program, Institutional (Higher Ed), $12500. (Funded: 2014). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
International Journal of Rapid Manufacturing - Editor in chief
International Advisory Board Member
International Conference ICONEEEA 2k19
Faculty Advisory Council
STEM Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE)- $5M grants from the US Education Department
Aerodef Conference Student Program Advisor
Intellectual Property Committee