Faculty Profile for Dr. Kimberly Grau Talley
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Talley, K. G., & Smith, S. F. (2018). Asynchronous Peer-to-Peer Learning: Putting Student Projects to Work in Future Classes. Advances in Engineering Education.
- Talley, K. G., & Smith, S. F. (2018, February). Lights, Camera, Learning! Prism, 39.
- Smith, S. F., Talley, K. G., Ortiz, A. M., & Sriraman, V. (2021). You Want Me to Teach Engineering? Impacts of Recurring Experiences on K-12 Teachers’ Engineering Design Self-Efficacy, Familiarity with Engineering, and Confidence to Teach with Design-Based Learning Pedagogy. Journal of Pre-College Engineering Education Research, 11(1), 26–41.
- Hilton, E. C., Talley, K. G., Smith, S. F., Nagel, R. L., & Linsey, J. S. (2020). Report on Engineering Design Self-Efficacy and Demographics of Makerspace Participants Across Three Universities. Journal of Mechanical Design, 142(10). https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4046649
- Tingerthal, J., Talley, K. G., Mosier, R., Tymvios, N., de Cresce El Debs, L., & Philipp, N. (n.d.). Responding to the COVID Pandemic: Results and Reflections on Round-Table Discussions at ASEE 2020.
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2020 ASCE ExCEEd Fellow, American Society of Civil Engineers. 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2020 College Achievement Award for Excellence in Teaching, College of Science and Engineering, Texas State University. 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Teaching Award of Honor, Texas State Alumni Association. 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alfred H. Nolle Chapter of Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Faculty Research Fellow Founding Cohort, LBJ Intitute for STEM Education and Research. 2015 - 2018
- Talley, Kimberly Grau (Principal), Winek, Gary (Co-Principal). 2013 Construction Department Grant, TEXO Education and Research Foundation, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $6000. (Funded: 2013). Grant.
- Talley, Kimberly Grau (Principal), Winek, Gary (Co-Principal), Sriraman, Vedaraman (Co-Principal). Replacing the existing PCs with Engineering Workstations in RFM 1240, $50215.10. (Funded: 2013). Grant.
- Talley, Kimberly Grau (Principal). Enhancing Visualization Skills and Conceptual Understanding Using a Drawing-Recognition Tutoring System for Engineering Students, National Science Foundation, Federal, $184034. (Submitted: January 11, 2017, Funded: September 1, 2017 - August 31, 2022). Grant.
- Ortiz, Araceli (Principal), Smith, Shaunna (Co-Principal), Sriraman, Vedaraman (Co-Principal), Talley, Kimberly Grau (Co-Principal). The Engineering Education Maker Identity Project, National Science Foundation Research in Engineering Education (REE) program, Federal, $299778. (Funded: 2015 - August 31, 2019). Grant.
- Ortiz, Araceli, Guirguis, Mina S, Close, Eleanor W, Novoa, Clara M., Talley, Kimberly Grau. Texas State STEM Rising Stars, NSF, $1500000. (Funded: January 2015 - January 2019). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Philanthropic Educational Organization (PEO)
Elder and Clerk of Session
New Braunfels Presbyterian Church
Civil (Structural) Engineering Assistant Professor Search Committee
Reviewer / Referee
International Journal of STEM Education
German American Society / Wurstfest Booth Redesign Committee