Faculty Profile for Dr. Kimberly Grau Talley
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Talley, K. G., & Smith, S. F. (2018). Asynchronous Peer-to-Peer Learning: Putting Student Projects to Work in Future Classes. Advances in Engineering Education.
- Talley, K. G., & Smith, S. F. (2018, February). Lights, Camera, Learning! Prism, 39.
- Spencer, B. J., Sriraman, V., Talley, K. G., & Ortiz, A. M. (2018). Social cognitive impact of industry internships upon engineering technology students developing professional identity: A case study.
- Hilton, E., Smith, S. F., Nagel, R. L., Linsey, J. S., & Talley, K. G. (2018). University Makerspaces: More than Just Toys.
- Jennings, M. F., Talley, K. G., Smith, S. F., & Ortiz, A. M. (2018). Implementing Best Practices and Facing Facilities Realities: Creation of a New University Makerspace and Maker Research Lab. In Proceedings of the 2018 American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) Annual Conference.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Faculty Research Fellow Founding Cohort, LBJ Intitute for STEM Education and Research. 2015 - 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Influential Faculty, Texas State University. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: PIC V Best Paper, American Society for Engineering Education. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Influential Faculty, Texas State University. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Influential Faculty, Student Veteran Appreciation of Campus Support, Texas State University. 2014
- Talley, Kimberly Grau (Principal), Winek, Gary (Co-Principal). 2013 Construction Department Grant, TEXO Education and Research Foundation, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $6000. (Funded: 2013). Grant.
- Talley, Kimberly Grau (Principal), Winek, Gary (Co-Principal), Sriraman, Vedaraman (Co-Principal). Replacing the existing PCs with Engineering Workstations in RFM 1240, $50215.10. (Funded: 2013). Grant.
- Talley, Kimberly Grau (Principal). Enhancing Visualization Skills and Conceptual Understanding Using a Drawing-Recognition Tutoring System for Engineering Students, National Science Foundation, Federal, $184034. (Submitted: January 11, 2017, Funded: September 1, 2017 - August 31, 2022). Grant.
- Ortiz, Araceli (Principal), Smith, Shaunna (Co-Principal), Sriraman, Vedaraman (Co-Principal), Talley, Kimberly Grau (Co-Principal). The Engineering Education Maker Identity Project, National Science Foundation Research in Engineering Education (REE) program, Federal, $299778. (Funded: 2015 - August 31, 2019). Grant.
- Ortiz, Araceli, Guirguis, Mina S, Close, Eleanor W, Novoa, Clara M, Talley, Kimberly Grau. Texas State STEM Rising Stars, NSF, $1500000. (Funded: January 2015 - January 2019). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Construction Science and Management Professor of Practice Search Committee
Collegiate Association of Women in Construction (CAWIC)
Reviewer / Referee
Journal of Engineering Education
WiSE: Women in Science and Engineering Conference
Construction Science and Management Matriculation Committee