Faculty Profile for Dr. Gary J Winek
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Winek, G., & DeLeon, J. (2011). Enhancing the strength of LOM RP models via the VIPLOM process: A case study.
- Winek, G., & Sriraman, V. (2009). The Emerging Use of Self Compacting Concrete in the Construction Industry.
- Winek, G., & Tisdel, R. (2006). The feasibility of generating and using rapid prototype architectural models in construction programs.
- Winek, G. (2004). Rapid prototyping and its current and future uses in the construction industry. In T. Salbarn (Ed.).
- Winek, G., Sriraman, V., & DeLeon, J. (2002). Selecting the appropriate rapid prototyping machine based on curriculum needs. Engineering Technology Journal.
- Sharma, V., Winek, G.. TEXO Education and Research Foundation Grant, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $15000. (Funded: 2016). Grant.
- Winek, G., Spencer, BJ. TEXO Education and Research Foundation Grant, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $14000. (Funded: 2015). Grant.
- Spencer, BJ, Winek, G.. Purchase of workstations in RFM 4236 to meet the demands of graphic intensive software requirements needed for 3D and complex student projects, $43924. (Funded: 2015). Grant.
- Winek, G., Spencer, BJ. TEXO Education and Research Foundation Grant, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $12000. (Funded: 2014). Grant.
- Lee, S., Hu, J., Kim, Y., Winek, G.. Cost Associated with Conversion of Surfaced Roads to Un-surfaced Roads, Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) Grant, $118112. (Funded: 2012). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
College of Science Curriculum Committee
Associated Schools of Construction (ASC) editorial board for the International Journal of Construction Education and Research
Former Department Representative
the College “Research Enhancement Program” Committee
Construction Program Director
Established Construction Program
Construction Advisory Board