Faculty Profile for Dr. Liqin Du
Biography and Education2009 Postdoctoral Fellow. McDermott Center for Human Growth and Development, UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX.
2004 Ph.D., Nutritional Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY.
1998 Master of Medicine, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai, China.
1992 Bachelor of Medicine (MD equivalent), Shanghai Medical University, Shanghai, China.
Teaching Interests1. Molecular Biology
2. Cancer Biology
3. Cell Biology
Research Interests1. Cell differentiation in childhood tumorigenesis
2. Differentiation therapy
3. Natural products as anti-cancer agents
4. Synthetic small-molecular compounds as anti-cancer agents
4. non-coding RNAs in tumorigenesis and cancer therapy
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Kosti, A., Du, L., Shivram, H., Qiao, M., Burns, S., Garcia, J. G., … Penalva LOF. (2019). ELF4 Is a Target of miR-124 and Promotes Neuroblastoma Proliferation and Undifferentiated State. Molecular Cancer Research : MCR, 18(1), 68–78. https://doi.org/10.1158/1541-7786.MCR-19-0187
- Aksenov, A. V., Aksenov, D. A., Arutiunov, N. A., Aksenov, N. A., Aleksandrova, E. V., Zhao, Z., … Rubin, M. (2019). Synthesis of Spiro[indole-3,5’-isoxazoles] with Anticancer Activity via a Formal [4 + 1]-Spirocyclization of Nitroalkenes to Indoles. The Journal of Organic Chemistry, 84(11), 7123–7137. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.joc.9b00808
- Jemal, M. A., Schwartz, Z. T., Zhao, Z., Du, L., Du, L., Du, L. D., … Du, L. M. (2019). Overcoming the Rapid Metabolism of the Promising Anticancer Natural Product Rooperol. FASEB Journal, 33(No.1 Suppl). Retrieved from https://www.fasebj.org/doi/abs/10.1096/fasebj.2019.33.1_supplement.634.5
- Rastogi, S. K., Zhao, Z., Barrett, S. L., Shelton, S. D., Zafferani, M., Anderson, H. E., … Brittain, W. J. (2018). Photoresponsive azo-combretastatin A-4 analogues. EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY, 143, 1–7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmech.2017.11.012
- Zhao, Z., Partridge, V., Sousares, M., Shelton, S., Holland, C., Pertsemlidis, A., & Du, L. (2018). Differentiation-inducing microRNA-2110 functions as a tumor suppressor in neuroblastoma by directly targeting TSKU. PLos One, 13(12), e0208777.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Hua Rui Prize, Sino-Swed Pharmaceutical Corp. Ltd. 1997
- Award / Honor Recipient: Scholarship for Outstanding Graduate, Shanghai Second Medical University, China. 1996
- Award / Honor Recipient: Scholarship for Outstanding Graduate, Shanghai Second Medical University, China. 1995
- Award / Honor Recipient: First Prize of People’s Scholarship, Shanghai Medical University, China. 1991
- Award / Honor Recipient: First Prize of People’s Scholarship, Shanghai Medical University, China. 1990
- Du, Liqin (Principal), Kornienko, Alexander (Other), Houhgton, Peter (Other). Discovery of new differentiation agents for neuroblastoma therapy, National Institute of Health, NCI, Federal, $461574. (Funded: August 1, 2017 - July 31, 2020). Grant.
- Du, Liqin (Principal). Developing novel miR-506-3p analogs that induce neuroblastoma cell differentiation, REP Program, Texas State University, Texas State University, $8000. (Submitted: October 8, 2019, Funded: January 15, 2020 - Present). Grant.
- Du, Liqin (Principal). Determining the therapeutic potential of rooperol in neuroblastoma, REP Program, Texas State University, Texas State University, $8000. (Funded: January 1, 2017 - May 31, 2018). Grant.
- Kerwin, S (Principal), Du, Liqin (Co-Principal). Hypoxis-derived treatment for advanced lung cancer, William and Ella Owens Medical Research Foundation, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $153109. (Funded: January 1, 2016 - December 31, 2017). Grant.
- Du, Liqin (Principal). Identifying a novel oncogenic mechanism and diagnostic marker for neuroendocrine lung cancer, Peter Bradley Carlson Trust, $30000. (Funded: January 1, 2015 - December 31, 2015). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Biochemistry Graduate Curriculum committee
Biochemistry Curriculum committee
Editorial Review Board Member
Advances in Modern Oncology Research
Editorial Review Board Member
Editorial Board: RNA and Disease
Reviewer / Referee
Journal of Experimental and Clinical Cancer Research
September 2019-September 2019