Faculty Profile for Dr. Christopher Peter Rhodes
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Godinez Salomon, J. F., Albiter, L., Alia, S. M., Pivovar, B. S., Camacho-Forero, L. E., Balbuena, P. B., … Rhodes, C. P. (2018). Self-Supported Hydrous Iridium-Nickel Oxide Two-dimensional Nanoframes for High Activity Oxygen Evolution Electrocatalysts. ACS Catalysis, 8, 10498–10520. https://doi.org/DOI: 10.1021/acscatal.8b02171
- Niu, S., McFeron, R., Godinez Salomon, J. F., Chapman, B. S., Damin, C. A., Tracy, J. B., … Rhodes, C. P. (2017). Enhanced Electrochemical Lithium-Ion Charge Storage of Iron Oxide Nanosheets. Chemistry of Materials, 29(18), 7794–7807. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.chemmater.7b02315
- Godinez Salomon, J. F., Mendoza-Cruz, R., Arellano-Jimenez, M. J., Jose-Yacaman, M., & Rhodes, C. P. (2017). Metallic Two-Dimensional Nanoframes: Unsupported Hierarchical Nickel-Platinum Alloy Nanoarchitectures with Enhanced Electrochemical Oxygen Reduction Activity and Stability. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 9(22), 18660–18674. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsami.7b00043
- Godinez Salomon, J. F., & Rhodes, C. P. (2020). Bimetallic Two-dimensional Nanoframes: High Activity Acidic Bifunctional Oxygen Reduction and Evolution Electrocatalysts.
- Godinez Salomon, J. F., & Rhodes, C. P. (2020). Catalyst Nanoarchitectures with High Activity and Stability.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Teaching Award of Honor, Texas State Alumni Association, 2020. 2020 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities, Texas State University. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Electrochemical Society Young Professional Travel Grant, Battery Division, Electrochemical Society. 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: College of Science and Engineering Achievement Award 2017. 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Service, Texas State University. 2016
- Rhodes, Christopher Peter (Principal). Orientation in Polymers and Polymer Nanocomposites: Equipment for Spectroscopic Evaluation, Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) South Texas Section, $5750. (Funded: October 19, 2016). Grant.
- Rhodes, Christopher Peter (Principal). Attenuated total reflection (ATR) accessory for characterization of polymers and polymer nanocomposites (GFT), Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) South Texas Section Equipment Committee, $10000. (Funded: November 3, 2015). Grant.
- Rhodes, Christopher Peter (Principal), Balbuena, Perla (Co-Principal). Collaborative Research: Bimetallic Oxyhydroxide Surfaces for Highly Active and Stable Acidic Oxygen Evolution Electrocatalysts, National Science Foundation, Federal, $558972. (Funded: April 1, 2020 - March 31, 2023). Grant.
- Rhodes, Christopher Peter (Principal). Equipment for Unitized Regenerative Fuel Cells Research and Education, Army Research Office, $234020. (Funded: September 2019 - September 2020). Grant.
- Rhodes, Christopher Peter (Principal). Nanoarchitectured Nickel Hydroxide Cathodes for Energy Dense, Safe, Rechargeable Nickel–Zinc Batteries, Office of Naval Research, $150000. (Funded: August 2019 - July 2021). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Developed video module for secondary school students entitled “Water Electrolysis: Principles and Chemical Equations”
Editorial Advisory Board Member
Energy and Environmental Materials
Secretary/Treasurer for Electrochemical Society (ECS) Texas Section
Fourier Transform Infrared spectrometer (FTIR) instrument