Faculty Profile for Dr. Christopher Peter Rhodes
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Godinez Salomon, J. F., Albiter, L., Alia, S. M., Pivovar, B. S., Camacho-Forero, L. E., Balbuena, P. B., … Rhodes, C. P. (2018). Self-Supported Hydrous Iridium-Nickel Oxide Two-dimensional Nanoframes for High Activity Oxygen Evolution Electrocatalysts. ACS Catalysis, 8, 10498–10520. https://doi.org/DOI: 10.1021/acscatal.8b02171
- Niu, S., McFeron, R., Godinez Salomon, J. F., Chapman, B. S., Damin, C. A., Tracy, J. B., … Rhodes, C. P. (2017). Enhanced Electrochemical Lithium-Ion Charge Storage of Iron Oxide Nanosheets. Chemistry of Materials, 29(18), 7794–7807. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.chemmater.7b02315
- Godinez Salomon, J. F., Mendoza-Cruz, R., Arellano-Jimenez, M. J., Jose-Yacaman, M., & Rhodes, C. P. (2017). Metallic Two-Dimensional Nanoframes: Unsupported Hierarchical Nickel-Platinum Alloy Nanoarchitectures with Enhanced Electrochemical Oxygen Reduction Activity and Stability. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 9(22), 18660–18674. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsami.7b00043
- Duraia, E. M., Niu, S., Beall, G. W., & Rhodes, C. P. (2018). Humic acid-derived graphene-SnO2 nanocomposites for high capacity lithium-ion battery anodes. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 29, 8456–8464. https://doi.org/DOI: 10.1007/s10854-018-8858-x
- Reyes, C., Somogyi, R., Niu, S., Cruz, M. A., Yang, F., Catenacci, M. J., … Wiley, B. J. (2018). Three-Dimensional Printing a Complete Lithium Ion Battery with Fused Filament Fabrication. ACS Applied Energy Materials, 8, 10498–10520. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsaem.8b00885
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities, Texas State University. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Electrochemical Society Young Professional Travel Grant, Battery Division, Electrochemical Society. 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: College of Science and Engineering Achievement Award 2017. 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Service, Texas State University. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Co-recipient of the R.A. Glenn Award for the Outstanding Fuel/Petroleum Paper, The 231st Meeting of the American Chemical Society. 2007
- Rhodes, Christopher Peter (Principal). Orientation in Polymers and Polymer Nanocomposites: Equipment for Spectroscopic Evaluation, Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) South Texas Section, $5750. (Funded: October 19, 2016). Grant.
- Rhodes, Christopher Peter (Principal). Attenuated total reflection (ATR) accessory for characterization of polymers and polymer nanocomposites (GFT), Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) South Texas Section Equipment Committee, $10000. (Funded: November 3, 2015). Grant.
- Theodoropoulou, Nikoleta (Co-Principal), Geerts, Wilhelmus J (Principal), Rhodes, Christopher Peter (Co-Principal). Acquisition of Vibrating Sample Magnetometer for Materials Research and Education, National Science Foundation, Federal, $225330. (Submitted: January 2017, Funded: September 15, 2017 - August 31, 2019). Grant.
- Brittain, William J (Principal), , = (Co-Principal), Rhodes, Christopher Peter (Co-Principal), Betancourt, Tania (Co-Principal), Zakhidov, Alexander (Co-Principal). MRI: Acquisition of Atomic Force Microscope to Advance Texas State University Materials Research, National Science Foundation, Federal, $104476. (Funded: September 1, 2016 - August 31, 2019). Grant.
- Rhodes, Christopher Peter (Principal). Nanoframe Bifunctional Oxygen Electrodes for Unitized Regenerative Fuel Cells (G), Office of Naval Research, $447894. (Funded: July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2019). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Student Research Productivity Expectations Committee, Materials Science, Engineering, and Commercialization Program
Secretary/Treasurer for Electrochemical Society (ECS) Texas Section
Fourier Transform Infrared spectrometer (FTIR) instrument
Student Advisor to the Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) Student Chapter at Texas State University – San Marcos