Faculty Profile for Dr. Tania Betancourt
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Huff, M. E., Gokmen, F. O., Barrera, J. S., Lara, E. J., Tunnell, J., Irvin, J. A., & Betancourt, T. (2020). Induction of Immunogenic Cell Death in Breast Cancer by Conductive Polymer Nanoparticle-Mediated Photothermal Therapy. ACS APPLIED POLYMER MATERIALS, 2(12), 5602–5620. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsapm.0c00938
- Wang, K. W., Betancourt, T., & Hall, C. K. (2018). Computational Study of DNA-Cross-Linked Hydrogel Formation for Drug Delivery Applications. Macromolecules, 51(23), 9758–9768. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.macromol.8b01505
- Tugba, Y., Renpeng, G., S., Z., & Betancourt, T. (2018). Doxorubicin-Loaded Protease-Activated NIR Fluorescent Polymeric Nanoparticles for Imaging and Therapy of Cancer. International Journal of Nanomedicine, 13, 6961–6986. https://doi.org/10.2147/IJN.S174068
- Wang, K. W., Barker, K., Betancourt, T., & Hall, C. (2018). Development of a simple coarse-grained DNA model for analysis of oligonucleotide complex formation. Molecular Simulations, 44(12), 1004–1015. https://doi.org/10.1080/08927022.2018.1469753
- Cano Amaya, L., Betancourt, T., Collins, K. H., Hinojosa, O., & Corona, C. (2018). Undergraduate Research Experiences - Mentoring, Awareness, and Perceptions: A Case Study at a Hispanic Serving Institution. International Journal of STEM Education, 5, 9. https://doi.org/10.1186/s40594-018-0105-8
- Award / Honor Recipient: College of Science and Engineering 2018 Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Service, Texas State University. September 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: College of Science and Engineering Distinction Award for Excellence in Service. 2015
- Award / Honor Nominee: Presidential Service Award, Texas State University. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Schlumberger Grand Award for best paper and presentation and Schlumberger Centaur Award in Nano/Microelectronics and MEMS, Graduate and Industry Networking Conference held by the Graduate Engineering Council. January 24, 2006
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Paper award, Nano-Night 2005 Scientific Forum in Nanotechnology. Center of Nano- and Molecular Science and Technology. April 22, 2005
- Betancourt, Tania (Principal), Brittain, William J (Co-Principal), Irvin, Jennifer A (Co-Principal), Theodoropoulou, Nikoleta (Co-Principal), Martin, Benjamin (Co-Principal), Rhodes, Christopher Peter (Co-Principal), Wistey, Mark A (Co-Principal), Miyahara, Yoichi (Co-Principal), Kerwin, Sean Michael (Co-Principal). TxState-UT PREM Center for Intelligent Materials Assembly (CIMA), National Science Foundation, Federal, $3822000. (Funded: July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2027). Grant.
- Betancourt, Tania (Principal), Massingill, John (Co-Principal). Non-Dispersive Reaction and Separation Processes for Pharmaceutical Synthesis (G), National Institutes of Health (NIH), $150000. (Funded: January 1, 2015 - December 31, 2015). Grant.
- Betancourt, Tania (Principal), Massingill, John (Principal), Stretz, Holly (Co-Principal). High Throughput Manufacturing of Monodispersed Nanoparticles for Biomedicine (G), National Institutes of Health (NIH), $150000. (Funded: September 30, 2014 - August 31, 2015). Grant.
- Betancourt, Tania (Principal), David, Wendi M (Co-Principal). Nanomedicine-Mediated Reprogramming of Tumor Immunogenicity, Texas State University, $16000. (Submitted: October 7, 2019, Funded: January 2020 - 2021). Grant.
- Wistey, Mark A, Chen, Yihong (Co-Principal), Weigum, Shannon E, Benavides, Elizabeth Ashley, Ngu, Hee Hiong, Irvin, Jennifer A, Betancourt, Tania, Holtz, Mark W. FEES and Machine Learning for Diagnostics, Texas State University, Texas State University, $10000. (Funded: March 2019 - March 2020). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Chemistry and Biochemistry Representative to Library
Reviewer / Referee
Scientific Journals: British Journal of Pharmacology, International Journal of Pharmaceutics (3 articles), Nanomedicine, Nanoscale Advances
Reviewer / Referee
Reviewer for Faculty Tenure & Promotion Application, Trinity University
Networking Circle Leader
Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) Conference
March 2020-March 2020