Faculty Profile for Dr. Tania Betancourt
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Wang, K. W., Betancourt, T., & Hall, C. K. (2018). Computational Study of DNA-Cross-Linked Hydrogel Formation for Drug Delivery Applications. Macromolecules, 51(23), 9758–9768. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.macromol.8b01505
- Tugba, Y., Renpeng, G., S., Z., & Betancourt, T. (2018). Doxorubicin-Loaded Protease-Activated NIR Fluorescent Polymeric Nanoparticles for Imaging and Therapy of Cancer. International Journal of Nanomedicine, 13, 6961–6986. https://doi.org/10.2147/IJN.S174068
- Wang, K. W., Barker, K., Betancourt, T., & Hall, C. (2018). Development of a simple coarse-grained DNA model for analysis of oligonucleotide complex formation. Molecular Simulations, 44(12), 1004–1015. https://doi.org/10.1080/08927022.2018.1469753
- Cano Amaya, L., Betancourt, T., Collins, K. H., Hinojosa, O., & Corona, C. (2018). Undergraduate Research Experiences - Mentoring, Awareness, and Perceptions: A Case Study at a Hispanic Serving Institution. International Journal of STEM Education, 5, 9. https://doi.org/10.1186/s40594-018-0105-8
- Rastogi, S. K., Anderson, H. E., Lamas, J., Cantu, T., Zauscher, S., Brittain, W. J., & Betancourt, T. (2018). Enhanced Release of Molecules upon Ultraviolet (UV) Light Irradiation from Photoresponsive Hydrogels Prepared from Bifunctional Azobenzene and Four-Arm Poly(ethylene glycol). ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 10, 30071–30080. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsami.6b16183
- Award / Honor Recipient: College of Science and Engineering 2018 Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Service, Texas State University. September 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: College of Science and Engineering Distinction Award for Excellence in Service. 2015
- Award / Honor Nominee: Presidential Service Award, Texas State University. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Schlumberger Grand Award for best paper and presentation and Schlumberger Centaur Award in Nano/Microelectronics and MEMS, Graduate and Industry Networking Conference held by the Graduate Engineering Council. January 24, 2006
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Paper award, Nano-Night 2005 Scientific Forum in Nanotechnology. Center of Nano- and Molecular Science and Technology. April 22, 2005
- Betancourt, Tania (Principal), Massingill, John (Co-Principal). Non-Dispersive Reaction and Separation Processes for Pharmaceutical Synthesis (G), National Institutes of Health (NIH), $150000. (Funded: January 1, 2015 - December 31, 2015). Grant.
- Betancourt, Tania (Principal), Massingill, John (Principal), Stretz, Holly (Co-Principal). High Throughput Manufacturing of Monodispersed Nanoparticles for Biomedicine (G), National Institutes of Health (NIH), $150000. (Funded: September 30, 2014 - August 31, 2015). Grant.
- Brittain, William J (Principal), , = (Co-Principal), Rhodes, Christopher Peter (Co-Principal), Betancourt, Tania (Co-Principal), Zakhidov, Alexander (Co-Principal). MRI: Acquisition of Atomic Force Microscope to Advance Texas State University Materials Research, National Science Foundation, Federal, $104476. (Funded: September 1, 2016 - August 31, 2019). Grant.
- Zakhidov, Alexander (Principal), Holtz, Mark W (Supporting), Piner, Edwin L (Supporting), Myers, Thomas H (Supporting), Theodoropoulou, Nikoleta (Supporting), Beall, Gary W (Supporting), Yu, Qingkai (Supporting), Rhodes, Christopher Peter (Supporting), Geerts, Wilhelmus J (Supporting), Betancourt, Tania (Supporting), Li, Jian (Supporting). Scanning Probe Microscope for Materials Research and Education, U. S. Army, Federal, $358558. (Funded: July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017). Grant.
- Zakhidov, Alex (Principal), Myers, Tom (Co-Principal), Rhodes, Betancourt, Tania, Beall, Jian Li, Holtz, Yu, Piner, Theodoropoulou. Scanning Probe Microscope for Materials Research and Education (G), Department of Defense, Army, $358558. (Submitted: November 13, 2015). Grant.