Faculty Profile for Dr. Kevin Lewis
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Ream, J. A., Lewis, L., & Lewis, K. A. (2018). Horizontal Agarose Gel Mobility Shift Assay for Protein-RNA Complexes. Methods in Molecular Biology, 1855, 363–370. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-8793-1_31
- Gujjari, A., Rodriguez, B. V., Pescador, J., Maeder, C., Beall, G. W., & Lewis, L. K. (2017). Factors affecting the association of single- and double-stranded RNAs with montomorillonite nanoclays. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 109, 551–559. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29277420
- Wood, W. N., Smith, K. D., Ream, J. A., & Lewis, L. K. (2016). Enhancing yields of low and single copy number plasmid DNAs from Escherichia coli cells. Journal of Microbiological Methods.
- Ream, J. A., Lewis, L. K., & Lewis, K. A. (2016). Rapid agarose gel electrophoretic mobility shift assay for quantitating protein:RNA interactions. Analytical Biochemistry, 511, 36–41. Retrieved from 10.1016/j.ab.2016.07.027
- Lewis, L., Rodriguez, B. V., Malczewskyj, E. T., Cabiya, J. M., & Maeder, C. (2015). Identification of an RNase-resistant population of RNAs in Saccharomyces cerevisiae extracts: separation from chromosomal DNA by selective precipitation.
- Award / Honor Nominee: Runnerup-Presidential Award for Excellence in Research, Texas State University. 2014
- Award / Honor Nominee: Runnerup-Presidential Award for Excellence in Research, Texas State University. 2008
- Award / Honor Nominee: Runnerup-Presidential Award for Excellence in Research, Texas State University. 2006
- Award / Honor Nominee: Runnerup for Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching, Texas State University. 2005
- Award / Honor Recipient: United States Department of Energy, Competitive Office of Energy Research Grant Award. 1999 - 2001
- Lewis, L Kevin (Principal). Genome-wide analysis identifies genes required for repair of DNA strand breaks, NIH-Indirect Funds Account, Indirect Funds Account, $5000.00. (Funded: 2013 - 2019). Grant.
- Lewis, L Kevin (Principal). Genome-wide analysis identifies genes required for repair of DNA strand breaks, $292635. (Funded: March 31, 2012 - March 31, 2016). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Faculty Evaluation Committee
College Tenure&Promotion Review Committee
Chemistry Department Scholarship and Awards Committee
Ph.D. Development Committee
Graduate Student Admissions Committee