Faculty Profile for Dr. Debra A Feakes
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Montalvo, S., Hudnall, T., & Feakes, D. A. (2015). Exploring the Redox Reactivity of the [B20H18]2- Ion with Carbon-Based Nucleophiles and Electrophiles. J. Organomet. Chem, 798, 141–145.
- Montalvo, S. J., Hudnall, T. W., & Feakes, D. A. (2015). Exploring the redox reactivity of the [B20H18]2− ion with carbon-based nucleophiles and electrophiles. Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, 798, 141–145. https://doi.org//10.1016/j.jorganchem.2015.05.064
- Gulacar, O., & Feakes, D. A. (2013). Observational investigation of student problem solving: The role and importance of minor variables in the process. Science Education International, 24(2), 344–360.
- Waller, R. C., Booth, R. E., & Feakes, D. A. (2013). Evaluation of the Binding of Polyhedral Borane Anions to Representative Proteins. J. Inorg. Biochem., 124, 11–14.
- Feakes, D. A. (2012). Chapter 4.12: Design and Development of Polyhedral Borane Anions for Liposomal Delivery. In N. Hosmane (Ed.), Boron Science: New Technologies and Applications (pp. 277–291). Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press-Taylor and Francis Group, LLC.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Regents Teacher Award, Texas State University System. 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Everette Swinney Teaching Award. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Minnie Stevens Piper Professor. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Teaching, Texas State. 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Distinguished Membership status, National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS), Texas State. 2013
- Feakes, Debra A, Holland, Cory Lee (Co-Principal). REU Site: A Chemistry REU on Molecular Innovation and Entrepreneuship (CheMIE), National Science Foundation, Federal, $346128. (Submitted: 2017, Funded: April 1, 2018 - March 31, 2021). Grant.
- Feakes, Debra A (Co-Principal), Ortiz, Araceli (Principal). Texas State STEM Rising Stars, National Science Foundation, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $1500000. (Funded: January 1, 2015 - January 1, 2019). Grant.
- Feakes, Debra A (Principal), Martinez, Alejandro (Principal). Upgrade of the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry Computer Laboratory, Tx State Academic Computing, $19930. (Funded: June 1, 2013 - May 31, 2014). Grant.
- Feakes, Debra A (Principal), Martinez, Alejandro (Principal). Upgrade of the JGI Research Facility, Tx State Academic Computing, $33109. (Funded: June 1, 2013 - May 31, 2014). Grant.
- Feakes, Debra A (Principal). Upgrade of the JGI Research Facility, Tx State Academic Computing, $11941. (Funded: June 1, 2011 - May 31, 2012). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
University Curriculum Committee
American Chemical Society - Committee on Chemists with Disabilities
Piper Award Selection Committee
College Curriculum Committee
ACS Central Texas Local Section (elected position)