Faculty Profile for Dr. Gary W Beall
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Duraia, E. M., Niu, S., Beall, G. W., & Rhodes, C. P. (2018). Humic acid-derived graphene-SnO2 nanocomposites for high capacity lithium-ion battery anodes. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 29, 8456–8464. https://doi.org/DOI: 10.1007/s10854-018-8858-x
- Duraia, E. S., Fahami, A., & Beall, G. W. (2018). Microwave-Assisted Synthesis of N-Doped Graphene-Wrapped MnO<inf>2</inf> Nanoflowers. Journal of Electronic Materials, 47(12), 7288–7295. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11664-018-6666-y
- Beall, G. W., Duraia, E.-S. M., & Das, S. (2018). Humic acid nanosheets decorated by tin oxide nanoparticles and there humidity sensing behavior. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 280, 210–218. https://doi.org/doi.org/10.1016/j.snb.2018.10.054
- Beall, G. W., Mustafa, W. A., Rashad, S. S., Algazzar, E., & Rashad, E. M. (2018). Insecticidal effect of zinc oxide and aluminum oxide nanoparticles synthesized by co-precipitation technique on Culex quiquefasciatus larvae (Diptera:Culicidae). Intl. J. of Applied Research, 4(4), 290–297.
- Beall, G. W. (2018). Self-assembling nanostructured intercalates: Via ion-dipole bonding. Dalton Transactions, 47(9), 3178–3184. https://doi.org/10.1039/c7dt03900j
- Award / Honor Recipient: Regents' Professor, Texas State University System. November 17, 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: University Distinguished Professor, Texas State University. April 15, 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: ACS PMSE National Award for Cooperative Research. 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Formosa Professor. 2011 - 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: ACS award for Best Business Plan at the ACS Green Chemistry conference Presidential Seminar. 2012
- Zakhidov, Alexander (Principal), Beall, Gary W, Mix, Kenneth D, Miyahara, Yoichi, Jin, Tongdan. Practical Flexible Solar Cells, MWI. Team Solar-Flex, Texas State University, $10000. (Submitted: March 8, 2019). Grant.
- Beall, Gary W. Development and characterization of polymer composites, Thermon Inc., Private / Foundation / Corporate, $80000. (Funded: October 2018 - September 2019). Grant.
- Beall, Gary W. Research on fiber reactors, Chemtor LLC, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $19000. (Funded: February 2018 - December 2018). Grant.
- Beall, Gary W. Fundamental research on polymer nanocomposites, BYK Additives, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $10000. (Funded: January 2018 - January 2019). Grant.
- Brittain, William J (Principal), , = (Co-Principal), Rhodes, Christopher Peter (Co-Principal), Betancourt, Tania (Co-Principal), Zakhidov, Alexander (Co-Principal). MRI: Acquisition of Atomic Force Microscope to Advance Texas State University Materials Research, National Science Foundation, Federal, $104476. (Funded: September 1, 2016 - August 31, 2019). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Ran the Business Plan Training and Competition for the NSF/REU
Organized and ran the Boot Camp program for MSEC
University Speaker Committee
Volunteer teach at Hope Christian Academy