Faculty Profile for Dr. Gary W Beall
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Duraia, E. M., Niu, S., Beall, G. W., & Rhodes, C. P. (2018). Humic acid-derived graphene-SnO2 nanocomposites for high capacity lithium-ion battery anodes. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 29, 8456–8464. https://doi.org/DOI: 10.1007/s10854-018-8858-x
- Gujjari, A., Rodriguez, B. V., Pescador, J., Maeder, C., Beall, G. W., & Lewis, L. K. (2017). Factors affecting the association of single- and double-stranded RNAs with montomorillonite nanoclays. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 109, 551–559. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29277420
- Gujjari, A., Rodriquez, B. V., Pescador, J., Beall, G. W., Maeder, C., & Lewis, L. K. (2017). Factors affecting the association of single and double stranded RNAs with montmorillonite nanoclays. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2017.12.124
- Fahami, A., Duraia, E. S., Beall, G. W., & Fahami, M. (2017). Facile synthesis and structural insight of chloride intercalated Ca/Al layered double hydroxide nanopowders. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 727, 970–977. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2017.08.212
- Das, S., Duraia, E.-S. M., Velev, O. D., Dabbaghianamiri, M., & Beall, G. W. (2017). Formation of Periodic size-segregated stripe pattern via directed self-assembly of binary colloids and its mechanism. Applied Surface Science, 435, 512–520. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc 2017.11.142
- Award / Honor Recipient: Regents' Professor, Texas State University System. November 17, 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: University Distinguished Professor, Texas State University. April 15, 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: ACS PMSE National Award for Cooperative Research. 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Formosa Professor. 2011 - 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: ACS award for Best Business Plan at the ACS Green Chemistry conference Presidential Seminar. 2012
- Brittain, William J (Principal), , = (Co-Principal), Rhodes, Christopher Peter (Co-Principal), Betancourt, Tania (Co-Principal), Zakhidov, Alexander (Co-Principal). MRI: Acquisition of Atomic Force Microscope to Advance Texas State University Materials Research, National Science Foundation, Federal, $104476. (Funded: September 1, 2016 - August 31, 2019). Grant.
- Zakhidov, Alexander (Principal), Holtz, Mark W (Supporting), Piner, Edwin L (Supporting), Myers, Thomas H (Supporting), Theodoropoulou, Nikoleta (Supporting), Beall, Gary W (Supporting), Yu, Qingkai (Supporting), Rhodes, Christopher Peter (Supporting), Geerts, Wilhelmus J (Supporting), Betancourt, Tania (Supporting), Li, Jian (Supporting). Scanning Probe Microscope for Materials Research and Education, U. S. Army, Federal, $358558. (Funded: July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017). Grant.
- Beall, Gary W (Principal). Development of Transparent Ballistics Materials, US Army Natick, Federal, $120000. (Funded: February 1, 2016 - January 31, 2018). Grant.
- Beall, Gary W (Principal). Polymer/Clay Nanocomposites, BYK Chemie, $10000. (Funded: January 1, 2016 - December 31, 2016). Grant.
- Beall, Gary W (Principal). Development of advanced catalyst materials, Quantum Materials Inc., $106941. (Funded: August 1, 2015 - April 26, 2016). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Ran the Business Plan Training and Competition for the NSF/REU
Organized and ran the Boot Camp program for MSEC
University Speaker Committee
Volunteer teach at Hope Christian Academy