Faculty Profile for Dr. Paula S Williamson
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Waliczek, T. M., Parsley, K., Williamson, P. S., & Oxley, F. (2018). Curricula Influence College Student Knowledge and Attitudes Regarding Invasive Species. HortTechnology, 28, 548–556.
- Parsley, K., Williamson, P. S., (Waliczek) Cade, T. M., & Oxley, F. (2018). Lecture and laboratory curricula influence college student knowledge and attitudes regarding invasive species. HortScience.
- Waliczek, T. M., & Williamson, P. S. (2017). Effectiveness of invasive species education curricula / Eficiencia de los planes de estudio sobre especies invasora.
- Waliczek, T. M., Williamson, P. S., & Oxley, F. M. (2017). College student knowledge and perceptions of invasive species. HortTechnology, 27(4), 550–556.
- Parsley, K. M., Waliczek, T. M., Williamson, P. S., & Oxley, F. (2017). Measuring the effectiveness of invasive species education curricula on student knowledge of invasive species. Texas Academy of Science at the University of Mary-Hardin Baylor.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Achievement Award, Outstanding Contributions to Graduate Education in the Southern Region, Conference of Southern Graduate Schools. February 2017
- Award / Honor Nominee: Texas State Excellence in Diversity Nominee, Southwest Texas State University. 2010 - 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: Texas State Quality Team Award, Texas State University. 2010
- Award / Honor Recipient: Southwestern Association of Naturalists Meritorious Service Award, Southwestern Association of Naturalists. 2009
- Award / Honor Recipient: Texas State University Presidential Award for Excellence in Service, Texas State University. 2005
- Williamson, Paula S. Black lace cactus demographics, genetics and landowner conservation outreach project, USFWS/TPWD, Federal, $124974. (Funded: 2015 - 2018). Grant.
- Cade, Tina Marie (Principal), Williamson, Paula S (Co-Principal). Survey of college youth’s understanding of exotic species and attitudes towards plant pest control, USDA APHIS, Federal, $36133. (Funded: 2015 - 2016). Grant.
- Hardy, Thomas (Principal), Nowlin, Weston Hugh (Co-Principal), Williamson, Paula S (Co-Principal). Effects of suspended sediments on Texas wild rice, other macrophytes, and macroinvertebrates, Edwards Aquifer Authority (Edwards Aquifer Habitat Conservation Plan), Federal, $75000. (Funded: 2015 - 2016). Grant.
- Williamson, Paula S. Data synthesis and species assessments to aid in determining future candidate or listed status for plants from the USFWS lawsuit and settlements, USFWS/TPWD Section 6, Endangered Species Grant, Federal, $127478. (Funded: 2012 - 2015). Grant.
- Williamson, Paula S. Protection on Private Lands and Research for Recovery of Large-fruited Sand-verbena, USFWS/TPWD Section 6, Endangered Species Grant, Federal, $86454. (Funded: 2005). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Region I, Alpha Chi National College Honor Society
Faculty Development Advisory Committee
Council of Funded Research
Aquatic/Wetland Plant Ecology Search Committee
Sarah Fritts Mentoring Committee