Faculty Profile for Dr. Benjamin F Schwartz
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Hutchins, B. T., Swink, A. P., Peter, D. H., & Schwartz, B. F. (2020). Environmental influences on invertebrate diversity and community composition in the hyporheic zone ecotone in Texas, USA: contrasts between co-occurring epigean taxa and stygobionts. Hydrobiologia, 847, 3967–3982. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1007/s10750-020-04379-8
- Tobin, B. W., & Schwartz, B. F. (2020). Quantifying the role of karstic groundwater in a snowmelt-dominated hydrologic system. Hydrological Processes, 34(16), 3439–3447. https://doi.org/10.1002/hyp.13833
- Loiacomo, D., Schwartz, B. F., & Nowlin, W. (2019). Statistical Analysis of Factors Controlling Nonpoint Source Pollutant Loads in a Small Urban Watershed, San Marcos, TX, USA. https://doi.org/10.1130/abs/2019SC-327139
- Jenson, A., & Schwartz, B. F. (2019). Estimating aquifer properties in a coastal karst basin from observations at the water table: Quintana Roo, Mexico. https://doi.org/10.1130/abs/2019SC-326334
- Martinez, L., & Schwartz, B. F. (2019). Evaluation of statistically-designed survey methods for determining karst feature density in a portion of the Edwards Aquifer Recharge Zone. https://doi.org/10.1130/abs/2019SC-327352
- Award / Honor Recipient: Byron N. Cooper Graduate Fellowship award. 2006
- Award / Honor Recipient: Full Research Assistantship and other funding. 2006
- Award / Honor Recipient: Fellow award - National Speleological Society. 1999
- Schwartz, Benjamin F (Principal), Hutchins, Benjamin (Co-Principal), Swink, Aaron (Co-Principal). Cave Conservancy of the Virginias., $9930. (Funded: 2016). Grant.
- Nowlin, WH (Principal), Schwartz, Benjamin F (Co-Principal). Evaluation of the Long-Term, Elevated Temperature and Low Dissolved Oxygen Tolerances of the Comal Springs Riffle Beetle., $93034. (Funded: 2016). Grant.
- Schwartz, Benjamin F (Principal), Nice, Chris (Co-Principal), Nowlin, Weston (Co-Principal). Status Assessment and Ecological Characterization for the Texas Troglobitic Water Slater, Lirceolus smithii., $73537. (Funded: 2015). Grant.
- Nowlin, Weston (Principal), Schwartz, Benjamin F. Evaluation of Long-Term, Elevated Temperature and Low Dissolved Oxygen Tolerances of the Comal Springs Riffle Beetle., $99034. (Funded: 2015). Grant.
- Schwartz, Benjamin F (Principal), Nice, Chris (Co-Principal). Molecular and Morphological Analysis of Stygobromus sp. near San Marcos, TX., $18998. (Funded: 2014). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Karst Waters Institute (KWI)
Edwards Aquifer Authority’s Aquifer Science Advisory Panel (ASAP)
Reviewer / Referee
Journal of Cave and Karst Studies
10-year Strategic Planning Committee
Departmental Space Committee