Faculty Profile for Dr. Thom Hardy
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Meitzen, K. M., Jensen, J., & Hardy, T. (2018). Floodplain inundation analysis of the lower Guadalupe River: linking hydrology and floodplain-dependent resources.
- Perry, R. W., Jones, E. C., Plumb, J. M., Som, N. A., Hetrick, N. J., Hardy, T., … De Juilio, K. P. (2018). Application of the Stream Salmonid Simulator (S3) to the Restoration Reach of the Trinity River, California - Parameterization and Calibration (p. 65). https://doi.org/doi.org/10.3133/ofr20181174.
- Robertson, S., Wolaver, B., Birdsong, T., Smith, R., Hardy, T., Lewey, J., & Joplin, J. (n.d.). Developing the Science and Public Support Neeed to Preserve the Devils River: A Case Study in Collaborative Conservation. In Multispecies and Watershed Approaches to Freshwater Fish Conservation.
- Perry, R. W., Plumb, J. M., Jones, E. C., Som, N. A., Hetrick, N. J., & undefined B. (2018). Model structure of the stream salmonid simulator (S3)—A dynamic model for simulating growth, movement, and survival of juvenile salmonids (p. 32). Retrieved from https://pubs.er.usgs.gov/publication/ofr20181056
- Hardy, T., Goodman, D. H., Perry, R. W., & Som, N. A. (2018). Mesohabitat delineations based on hydraulic geometry properties derived from the continuity equations.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Honorary Fellow of the Ecohydraulics Committee, International Association for Hydro-Environment Engineering and Research. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Texas Environmental Excellence Award, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality. May 1, 2012 - May 4, 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Lifetime Achievement Award, Instream Flow Council. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: 1St ever named Fellow of the Utah Water Research Laboratory. 2009
- Award / Honor Recipient: College of Engineering Research Excellance, Utah State University. February 25, 1994
- Hardy, Thomas (Principal), Nowlin, Weston Hugh (Co-Principal), Williamson, Paula S (Co-Principal). Effects of suspended sediments on Texas wild rice, other macrophytes, and macroinvertebrates, Edwards Aquifer Authority (Edwards Aquifer Habitat Conservation Plan), Federal, $75000. (Funded: 2015 - 2016). Grant.
- Jensen, Jennifer (Co-Principal), Green, Michael Clay (Principal), Hardy, Thomas (Co-Principal). Developing a process and conservation application for Landscape Conservation Design for the Gulf Coast Prairie Landscape Conservation Cooperative., Gulf Coast Prairie Landscape Conservation Cooperative, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $200000. (Funded: April 2017 - October 2018). Grant.
- Hardy, Thomas (Principal), Forstner, Michael R (Co-Principal). Dunes Sagebrush Lizard, Texas Comptroller, State, $936109.39. (Funded: November 11, 2016 - January 31, 2020). Grant.
- Hardy, Thomas (Co-Principal), Ahlman, Todd Michael (Principal). USACE Omaha Sikes Act Cooperative Agreement, US Army Corp of Engineers, Federal, $45000000. (Funded: August 25, 2016 - August 25, 2021). Grant.
- Hardy, Thomas, Schwalb. CESU-COE Impacts of Navigation on, $55038.90. (Funded: November 1, 2015 - September 30, 2017). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Environmental Engineering Faculty Search
Structures Engineering Faculty Search
Vehicle Use Committee
October 1, 2016-Present
Spring Lake Environmental Committee
Korean Journal of Civil and Environmental Engineering