Faculty Profile for Dr. Thom Hardy
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Perry, R. W., Plumb, J. M., Jones, E. C., Som, N. A., Hardy, T., & Hetrick, N. J. (n.d.). Application of the Stream Salmonid Simulator (S3) to Klamath River Fall Chinook Salmon: Parameterization and Calibration. USGS.
- Seagroves, A., Barnhart, C., Hardy, T., & Schwalb, A. N. (2019). Reproductive ecology of the threatened and endemic freshwater mussel Lampsilis bracteata. Aquatic Conserv: Mar Freshw Ecosyst., 1–11. https://doi.org/DOI: 10.1002/aqc.3154
- Hoeinghaus, D. J., Jensen, J., Pease, A., Buckmeier, D., Smith, N., Daugherty, D., … Allen, Y. (2019). Flow-specific floodplain inundation modeling and Alligator Gar recruitment in the lower Trinity River.
- Schwartz, B. F., Nowlin, W. H., Hardy, T., Jeong, J., & Wolfe, J. (2019). Sessom Creek Sediment Export Study. Texas State University.
- Meitzen, K. M., Jensen, J., & Hardy, T. (2018). Floodplain inundation analysis of the lower Guadalupe River: linking hydrology and floodplain-dependent resources.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Honorary Fellow of the Ecohydraulics Committee, International Association for Hydro-Environment Engineering and Research. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Texas Environmental Excellence Award, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality. May 1, 2012 - May 4, 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Lifetime Achievement Award, Instream Flow Council. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: 1St ever named Fellow of the Utah Water Research Laboratory. 2009
- Award / Honor Recipient: College of Engineering Research Excellance, Utah State University. February 25, 1994
- Hardy, Thomas (Principal), Nowlin, Weston Hugh (Co-Principal), Williamson, Paula S (Co-Principal). Effects of suspended sediments on Texas wild rice, other macrophytes, and macroinvertebrates, Edwards Aquifer Authority (Edwards Aquifer Habitat Conservation Plan), Federal, $75000. (Funded: 2015 - 2016). Grant.
- Jensen, Jennifer (Co-Principal), Green, Michael Clay (Principal), Hardy, Thomas (Co-Principal). Developing a process and conservation application for Landscape Conservation Design for the Gulf Coast Prairie Landscape Conservation Cooperative., Gulf Coast Prairie Landscape Conservation Cooperative, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $200000. (Funded: April 2017 - October 2018). Grant.
- Hardy, Thomas (Principal), Forstner, Michael R (Co-Principal). Dunes Sagebrush Lizard, Texas Comptroller, State, $936109.39. (Funded: November 11, 2016 - January 31, 2020). Grant.
- Hardy, Thomas (Co-Principal), Ahlman, Todd Michael (Principal). USACE Omaha Sikes Act Cooperative Agreement, US Army Corp of Engineers, Federal, $45000000. (Funded: August 25, 2016 - August 25, 2021). Grant.
- Hardy, Thomas, Schwalb. CESU-COE Impacts of Navigation on, $55038.90. (Funded: November 1, 2015 - September 30, 2017). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Environmental Engineering Faculty Search
Structures Engineering Faculty Search
Vehicle Use Committee
October 1, 2016-Present
Spring Lake Environmental Committee
Korean Journal of Civil and Environmental Engineering