Faculty Profile for Dr. Dittmar Hahn
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Marshall, T. L., Baca, C., Correa, D. T., Forstner, M. R., Hahn, D., & Rodriguez, D. (n.d.). Genetic characterization of chytrids isolated from larval amphibians collected in central and east Texas. Fungal Ecology.
- Vemulapally, S., Guerra, T. M., & Hahn, D. (n.d.). Localization of typical and atypical Frankia isolates from Casuarina sp. in nodules formed on Casuarina equisetifolia. Plant and Soil.
- Gates, A. Y., Guerra, T. M., Morrison, F. B., Forstner, M. R., Hardy, T., & Hahn, D. (2018). Detection of Salmonella in the intestine of Hypostomus plecostomus from the upper San Marcos River, Texas. Journal of Water and Health, 16, 460–471. https://doi.org/10.2166/wh.2018.235
- Ben Tekaya, S., Guerra, T. M., Rodriguez, D., Dawson, J. O., & Hahn, D. (2018). Frankia diversity in host-plant root nodules is independent of abundance or relative diversity of Frankia in corresponding rhizosphere soils. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 84, e02248-17. https://doi.org/10.1128/AEM.02248-17
- Becker, J. C., Rodibaugh, K. J., Hahn, D., & Nowlin, W. H. (2017). Bacterial community composition and carbon metabolism in a subtropical riverscape. Hydrobiologia, 792(1), 209–226.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Distinguished Professor. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Regents' Professor. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Excellence in Science/Scholarship (Associate professor), Texas State University-San Marcos. 2012
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Excellence in Science/Scholarship (Associate professor), Texas State University-San Marcos. 2008
- Hahn, Dittmar, Hamerlynck, E., Slater, L., Yee, N.. Biogeoscience Research Initiative, Deans Excellence Funds at Rutgers, $60000. (Funded: 2004). Grant.
- Nowlin, W. (Principal), Hahn, Dittmar (Co-Principal). Evaluation of the trophic status and functional feeding group status of the comal springs riffle beetle, Edwards Aquifer Authority, $69354. (Funded: January 1, 2016 - December 31, 2016). Grant.
- Tomasso, J. (Principal), Hahn, Dittmar (Co-Principal), Forstner, M.R.J. (Co-Principal). Houston toad management during recovery and rebuilding activities for home-sites in the Bastrop Complex Fire zone, Texas General Land Office, $275000. (Funded: June 1, 2013 - May 30, 2014). Grant.
- Tomasso, J. (Principal), Hahn, Dittmar (Co-Principal), Forstner, M.R.J. (Co-Principal). Houston toad management options during drainage restoration actions in Bastrop County, NRCS, $97632. (Funded: March 1, 2013 - February 28, 2014). Grant.
- Venumbaka, R. (Principal), Hahn, Dittmar (Co-Principal), Forstner, M.R.J. (Co-Principal). Detecting occurrence of Houston toads in Colorado County with development of avoidance and minimization measures for pipeline operations, Inergy, Inc., $246890. (Funded: March 1, 2013 - June 30, 2013). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Department of Biology
September 1, 2013-Present
Ph.D. Program Director
Institutional Biosafety Committee
Texas State Biology Department Greenhouse Committee