Faculty Profile for Dr. Dana M Garcia
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Ashford-Hanserd, S. N., Garcia, D. M., Daniel, K. L., Vannella, M., Gutierrez, M. P., Hollar, J., & Lowry, L. (2019). ACCEYSS: Association of collaborative communities equipping youth for STEM success. Retrieved from https://stemforall2019.videohall.com/presentations/1619
- Ashford-Hanserd, S. N., Daniel, K. L., & Garcia, D. M. (n.d.). Working collectively to improve ACCEYSS to informal STEM programming.
- Nuckels, R. J., Nice, C., & Garcia, D. M. (n.d.). Duplicated myosin V genes in teleosts show evolutionary rate variations among the motor and cargo binding domains. Genome Biology and Evolution.
- Ibarra, D. E., Mireles, T., Pattillo, A. M., & Garcia, D. M. (2018). A method for quantifying pigment position in mouse RPE.
- Reimer, D. E., Ibarra, D. E., Mireles, T., & Garcia, D. M. (2018). Localizing ATP- binding cassette protein C4 (Abcc4) in mouse RPE.
- Award / Honor Nominee: Excellence in Diversity Award. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Who’s Who, Who’s Who. 2015
- Award / Honor Nominee: Dean Nominee for Presidential Award in Scholarly and Creative Activity. 2008
- Award / Honor Nominee: Presidential Award in Scholarly and Creative Activity. 2007
- Award / Honor Recipient: Selected to receive Hope for Vision Award. 2007
- Ashford-Hanserd, Shetay Nicole (Principal), Daniel, Kristy Lynn (Co-Principal), Garcia, Dana M (Co-Principal). ACCEYSS: Association of Collaborative Communities Equipping Youth for STEM Success, National Science Foundation, Federal, $299536. (Funded: December 1, 2017 - November 30, 2019). Grant.
- Garcia, Dana M. Research Enhancement Program Grant. Zebrafish Optic Nerve as a Model for Studying Aging in the Central Nervous System, Texas State University, Texas State University, $8000. (Funded: 2013). Grant.
- Garcia, Dana M. 2013 Women in Science and Engineering Conference: Sustainability – Preparing for the Long Haul, Halliburton Foundation, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $15000. (Funded: May 2012). Grant.
- Garcia, Dana M. Research Enhancement Program Grant. Does Mrp4-mediated cyclic nucleotide export drive dark-induced pigment granule aggregation in the retinal pigment epithelium of mouse and zebrafish?, Texas State University, Texas State University, $7996. (Funded: 2011). Grant.
- Koke, Joseph Ralph, Garcia, Dana M. Major Research Instrumentation Program, Acquisition of a Multiphoton-ready Microscope at Texas State University, National Science Foundation, Federal, $234360. (Funded: 2008 - 2009). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
SURE Selection Committee
College of Science Curriculum Committee
January 1, 2018-Present
Search Committee for Chief Diversity Officer
SURE Advisory Council
October 6, 2017-Present