Faculty Profile for Dr. Matthew T Clement
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- McGee, J., Ergas, C., & Clement, M. T. (2018). Racing to Reduce Emissions: Assessing the Relationship between Race and Environmental Impacts from Transportation. Sociology of Development, 4(2), 217–236.
- Clement, M. T., Pino, N. W., Greiner, P., & McGee, J. (n.d.). Are the Goals of Sustainability Interconnected? A Sociological Analysis of the Three E’s of Sustainable Development Using Cross-lagged Models with Reciprocal Effects. Sociology of Development.
- Habans, R., Clement, M. T., & Pattison, A. (n.d.). Carbon Emissions and Climate Policy Support by Local Governments in California: A Qualitative Comparative Analysis at the County-Level. Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences.
- Clement, M. T., & Alvarez, C. (n.d.). The Inequality of Mundane Environmental Change: Assessing the Impacts of Socioeconomic Status and Race on Neighborhood Land Development, 2001-2011. Sociological Perspectives.
- Elliott, J. R., & Clement, M. T. (2017). Natural Hazards and Local Development: The Successive Nature of Landscape Transformation in the United States. Social Forces, 96(2), 851–876.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities Award, College of Liberal Arts, Texas State University. 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Marvin E. Olsen Student Paper Award, American Sociological Association, Section on Environment & Technology. 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: Wasby-Johnson Dissertation Award, Department of Sociology, University of Oregon. 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: Graduate Student Publication Award, Department of Sociology, University of Oregon. 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: Graduate Student Publication Award, Department of Sociology, University of Oregon. 2010
Selected Service Activities
Rubric Review Committee, Department of Sociology
Presidential Award Nomination Committee, Department of Sociology
AKD Committee, Department of Sociology
Honors and Awards Committee, Department of Sociology
Reviewer / Referee