Faculty Profile for Dr. Rachel Romero
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Harris, D. A., & Romero, R. (n.d.). Race, Four Farms, and a City: Color Blindness and the Austin, TX Commercial Farm Debate. Humanity and Society.
- Romero, R., & Harris, D. A. (n.d.). Who Speaks For (and Feeds) the Community?: Competing Definitions of “Community” in the Austin, TX Urban Farm Debate. City & Community.
- Romero, R. (n.d.). Hen & God by Amber West: A Book Review. Journal of Research on Women and Gender. Texas State University.
- Romero, R. (n.d.). Bittersweet Ambivalence: Austin’s Street Artists Speak of Gentrification. Journal of Cultural Geography, 35(1), 1–22.
- Mestrovic, S. G., & Romero, R. (2012). Poisoned Social Climate, Collective Responsibility, and The Abuse at Abu Ghraibor, the Establishment of “Rule that is Lack of Rule.” International Journal of Law and Psychiatry, 35(1).
- Award / Honor Recipient: Liberal Arts Achievement Award for Excellence in Teaching, College of Liberal Arts, Texas State University. August 1, 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: John R. Hood Honors Professor of the Year, Honors College. April 26, 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor. November 9, 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National Honor Society. April 20, 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Graduating Student Recognition of Campus Support Program. June 21, 2017
- Harris, Deborah (Principal), Romero, Rachel (Co-Principal), Harris, Whitney (Co-Principal). Urban Farming and Gentrification in Austin, TX, Research Enhancement Program, Institutional (Higher Ed). (Submitted: December 1, 2014). Grant.
- Romero, Rachel (Principal). Street Art and Gentrification in the City of Austin, Center for Social Inquiry, Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed). (Submitted: June 1, 2013). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
African American Minor
March 5, 2018-Present
August 1, 2017-Present
Study Abroad Sociology Program
April 1, 2016-December 31, 2018
October 24, 2018-October 24, 2018
Honors College Course Proposal Committee
October 22, 2018-October 22, 2018