Faculty Profile for Dr. Rachel Romero
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Romero, R. (n.d.). Art, Activism, and Gentrification in Los Angeles: A Book Review of “Taking Back the Boulevard.” Social Forces.
- Romero, R. (n.d.). A Wild Tongue Writes Back: Replying to Gloria Anzaldúa’s “Speaking in Tongues". Rio Grande: A Journal of the Borderlands.
- Harris, D. A., & Romero, R. (n.d.). Race, Four Farms, and a City: Color Blindness and the Austin, TX Commercial Farm Debate. Humanity and Society.
- Romero, R., & Harris, D. A. (n.d.). Who Speaks For (and Feeds) the Community?: Competing Definitions of “Community” in the Austin, TX Urban Farm Debate. City & Community.
- Romero, R. (n.d.). Hen & God by Amber West: A Book Review. Journal of Research on Women and Gender. Texas State University.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching, Texas State University. August 2019 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: John R. Hood Honors Professor of the Year, Texas State University, Honors College. April 2018 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Liberal Arts Achievement Award for Excellence in Teaching, College of Liberal Arts, Texas State University. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Dean's Golden Apple, Texas State University, College of Liberal Arts. August 2019 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi "Favorite Professor". May 2019
- Harris, Deborah (Principal), Romero, Rachel (Co-Principal), Harris, Whitney (Co-Principal). Urban Farming and Gentrification in Austin, TX, Research Enhancement Program, Institutional (Higher Ed). (Submitted: December 1, 2014). Grant.
- Romero, Rachel (Principal). Street Art and Gentrification in the City of Austin, Center for Social Inquiry, Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed). (Submitted: June 1, 2013). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Center for Diversity and Gender Studies Advisory Council
Honors College Course Proposals Committee
October 22, 2018-Present
Graduate Assistant Training
August 15, 2018-Present
August 1, 2017-Present
Introduction to Sociology Assessment Committee
August 1, 2012-Present