Faculty Profile for Dr. Gloria Martinez
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Coll, J. E., Weiss, E., Waddell, R., Martinez, G. P., & Basiru, T. (2018). Memories: Cuban-American Immigrants and their Course, Connection, and Adaptation. Professional Development: The International Journal of Continuing Social Work Education, 21(1), 52–60.
- Meaney, K. S., Zimmermann-Somoza, J. A. M., Martinez, G. P., Lu, Y., & McDonald, J. (2017). Champions for Health in the Community: Critical Service Learning, Transformative Education, and Community Empowerment. In In Liston, D. D. & Rahimi, R. (Ed.), Promoting Social Justice Through the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning. Bloomington IN, United States: Indiana University Press.
- Martinez-Ramos, G. P. (2016, April). Invisible in Austin: Life and Labor in an American City Edited by Javier Auyero. Southwestern American Literature. San Marcos, United States: Center for the Study of the Southwest. Retrieved from 601 University Drive
- Lozano, Y., Martinez-Ramos, G. P., & Pilotti, M. (2016). Assessing Caregivers’ Needs in the Workplace: A Pilot Study. Educational Gerontology, 42, 465–473.
- Villarreal, K., Wiley, D. C., Houseman, J., & Martinez-Ramos, G. P. (2016). Attitudes About Partner Communication Regarding Contraceptive Use Among Hispanic Male College Students. The Journal of American College Health. https://doi.org/doi/abs/10.1080/07448481.2015.1117467
- Award / Honor Recipient: Partners in Service Excellence Award, Hispanic Cultural Center of San Marcos. September 15, 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Outstanding Women's Studies Faculty Scholar Award, Women and Gender Research Collaborative. March 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Texas State University Hispanic Policy Network Rising Stars, Hispanic Policy Network. December 8, 2016 - 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: College of Liberal Arts Excellence in Teaching Award, College of Liberal Arts. September 1, 2016 - 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: President's Excellence in Diversity Award, President Trauth. September 1, 2016 - 2016
- Hegde Niezgoda, Asha Latha (Principal), Westerberg, Carmen E (Co-Principal), Martinez-Ramos, Gloria P. (Co-Principal), Ahn, Mira (Co-Principal). Effects of indoor lighting interventions on sleep, well-being, and safety in older adults living independently in public housing, Multidisciplinary Team Incentive, Texas State University, $2460. (Funded: July 2016 - Present). Grant.
- Martinez, Gloria. Dr. Marta Tienda University Lecterer Series, Faculty Senate, Texas State University, $2100. (Submitted: February 2018). Grant.
- Nelson, Sarah W (Principal), Billingsley, Glenna (Co-Principal), Greene, Jennifer (Co-Principal), Martinez-Ramos, Gloria P. (Co-Principal), Price, Larry (Co-Principal), Ryser, Gail (Co-Principal), Supancic, Michael P (Co-Principal), Vega, Dessiree (Co-Principal), Martinez-Prather, Kathy (Co-Principal), McKenna, Joseph (Co-Principal). Creating a Secondary School Climate Instrument Focused on Safety and Security, 2015 Multidisciplinary Internal Research Grant (MIRG), Institutional (Higher Ed), $25000. (Submitted: May 1, 2015, Funded: September 1, 2015 - June 1, 2017). Grant.
- Martinez-Ramos, Gloria P. (Principal). Common Experience Mini-Grant Award, Institutional (Higher Ed), $400. (Submitted: September 1, 2015, Funded: September 1, 2015 - December 31, 2015). Grant.
- Martinez-Ramos, Gloria P. (Co-Principal), Velasquez, Gloria (Co-Principal), Melgar, Alba (Co-Principal), McKiernan-Gonzalez, John (Co-Principal), Navarro, David (Co-Principal), Villalobos, Alex (Co-Principal). En Colaboracion: Reaching Latino Culture and History through Film, Music, and Literature, Office of Equity and Access Diversity Grant, Institutional (Higher Ed), $5000. (Submitted: May 1, 2015, Funded: September 1, 2015 - December 31, 2015). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Latina/o Studies Job Search Committee
Immigration and the Refugee Experience
Reviewer / Referee
Hispanic Policy Network
Latina/o Studies Undergraduate Minor University Committee
January 1, 2017-Present