Faculty Profile for Dr. Gloria Martinez
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Black, V. G., Martinez, G. P., & Gonzales, S. T. (2020). Assessing the Needs and Experiences of First-Generation Students’ Transition to Remote Learning Due to COVID-19 Pandemic at a Hispanic Serving Institution. Hispanic Educational Technology Services Online Journal, XI(Fall). Retrieved from https://hets.org/ejournal/2020/11/16/assessing-the-needs-and-experiences-of-first-generation-students-transition-to-remote-learning-due-to-covid-19-pandemic-at-a-hispanic-serving-institution/
- Coll, J. E., Weiss, E., Waddell, R., Martinez, G. P., & Basiru, T. (2018). Memories: Cuban-American Immigrants and their Courage, Connection, and Adaptation. Professional Development: The International Journal of Continuing Social Work Education, 21(1), 52–60. Retrieved from http://eds.a.ebscohost.com/eds/detail/detail?vid=0&sid=00fd1625-6975-46b5-b2ad-44d248757bae%40sessionmgr4009&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWRzLWxpdmUmc2NvcGU9c2l0ZQ%3d%3d#AN=129444472&db=sxi
- Martinez, G. P., & Posadas, M. (n.d.). The Latina/o/x Past, Present and Future: Reflections on Community College.
- Majumdar, D., & Martinez, G. P. (2019). An Examination of the Association between Microaggression and Well-being among Latina/os of Mexican-descent in the United States. Michigan Sociological Review, 33.
- Majumdar, D., & Martinez, G. P. (n.d.). An Examination of the Association between Microaggression and Well-being among Latina/os of Mexican-descent in the United States. Michigan Sociological Review.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Mariel M. Muir Excellence in Mentoring Award. April 2019 - 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Partners in Service Excellence Award, Hispanic Cultural Center of San Marcos. September 15, 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, The Alfred H. Nolle Chapter of the Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award for Excellence in Teaching, College of Liberal Arts. September 2019 - 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Outstanding Contributions to the College of Liberal Arts. September 2019 - 2019
- Roundtree, Aimee Kendall (Principal), Goldstone, Dwonna Naomi (Supporting), Herrmann, Nicholas Paul (Supporting), Eger, Elizabeth Kamman (Supporting), Blue, Sarah A (Supporting), Devine, Jennifer Ann (Supporting), Ashford-Hanserd, Shetay Nicole (Supporting), Martinez, Gloria P (Supporting), Mckiernan, John Raymond (Supporting). Engaged Humanities Research Accelerator, ACLS, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $157000. (Funded: June 2022 - June 2023). Grant.
- Hegde Niezgoda, Asha Latha (Principal), Westerberg, Carmen E (Co-Principal), Martinez-Ramos, Gloria P. (Co-Principal), Ahn, Mira (Co-Principal). Effects of indoor lighting interventions on sleep, well-being, and safety in older adults living independently in public housing, Multidisciplinary Team Incentive, Texas State University, $2460. (Funded: July 2016 - Present). Grant.
- Martinez, Gloria. Dr. Marta Tienda University Lecturer Series, Faculty Senate, Texas State University, $2100. (Submitted: February 2018, Funded: 2018). Grant.
- Resendiz, Maria D, Martinez, Gloria P. STEMinitas Meet STEMinists: Building Bridges Through Partnerships, Women in Bio, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $1000. (Submitted: November 9, 2021, Funded: January 2022 - June 2022). Grant.
- Martinez, Gloria P. Univeristy Lecturer Series Grant for Gilberto Conchas, Texas State University, $2000. (Funded: October 2019 - Present). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Institutional Inclusive Excellence Diversity Council
The Monarch Center for Immigrant Students
President's Naming Task Force
HSI Community Council