Faculty Profile for Dr. Gloria Martinez
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Black, V. G., Martinez, G. P., & Gonzales, S. T. (2020). Assessing the Needs and Experiences of First-Generation Students’ Transition to Remote Learning Due to COVID-19 Pandemic at a Hispanic Serving Institution. Hispanic Educational Technology Services Online Journal, XI(Fall). Retrieved from https://hets.org/ejournal/2020/11/16/assessing-the-needs-and-experiences-of-first-generation-students-transition-to-remote-learning-due-to-covid-19-pandemic-at-a-hispanic-serving-institution/
- Coll, J. E., Weiss, E., Waddell, R., Martinez, G. P., & Basiru, T. (2018). Memories: Cuban-American Immigrants and their Courage, Connection, and Adaptation. Professional Development: The International Journal of Continuing Social Work Education, 21(1), 52–60. Retrieved from http://eds.a.ebscohost.com/eds/detail/detail?vid=0&sid=00fd1625-6975-46b5-b2ad-44d248757bae%40sessionmgr4009&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWRzLWxpdmUmc2NvcGU9c2l0ZQ%3d%3d#AN=129444472&db=sxi
- Majumdar, D., & Martinez, G. P. (2019). An Examination of the Association between Microaggression and Well-being among Latina/os of Mexican-descent in the United States. Michigan Sociological Review, 33.
- Majumdar, D., & Martinez, G. P. (n.d.). An Examination of the Association between Microaggression and Well-being among Latina/os of Mexican-descent in the United States. Michigan Sociological Review.
- Meaney, K. S., Zimmermann, J. M., Martinez, G. P., Lu, Y., & McDonald, J. (2017). Champions for Health in the Community: Critical Service Learning, Transformative Education, and Community Empowerment. In In Liston, D. D. & Rahimi, R. (Ed.), Promoting Social Justice Through the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning. Bloomington IN, United States: Indiana University Press.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Mariel M. Muir Excellence in Mentoring Award. April 2019 - 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Partners in Service Excellence Award, Hispanic Cultural Center of San Marcos. September 15, 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, The Alfred H. Nolle Chapter of the Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award for Excellence in Teaching, College of Liberal Arts. September 2019 - 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Outstanding Contributions to the College of Liberal Arts. September 2019 - 2019
- Hegde Niezgoda, Asha Latha (Principal), Westerberg, Carmen E (Co-Principal), Martinez-Ramos, Gloria P. (Co-Principal), Ahn, Mira (Co-Principal). Effects of indoor lighting interventions on sleep, well-being, and safety in older adults living independently in public housing, Multidisciplinary Team Incentive, Texas State University, $2460. (Funded: July 2016 - Present). Grant.
- Martinez, Gloria. Dr. Marta Tienda University Lecturer Series, Faculty Senate, Texas State University, $2100. (Submitted: February 2018, Funded: 2018). Grant.
- Martinez, Gloria P. Univeristy Lecturer Series Grant for Gilberto Conchas, Texas State University, $2000. (Funded: October 2019 - Present). Grant.
- Martinez, Gloria (Supporting). Equity and Inclusion Grant, Embracing First-Generation Students at Texas State: Overcoming Barriers and Creating New Spaces, Texas State University, $2000. (Submitted: May 2019, Funded: September 2019 - December 2019). Grant.
- Nelson, Sarah W (Principal), Billingsley, Glenna (Co-Principal), Greene, Jennifer (Co-Principal), Martinez-Ramos, Gloria P. (Co-Principal), Price, Larry (Co-Principal), Ryser, Gail (Co-Principal), Supancic, Michael P (Co-Principal), Vega, Dessiree (Co-Principal), Martinez-Prather, Kathy (Co-Principal), McKenna, Joseph (Co-Principal). Creating a Secondary School Climate Instrument Focused on Safety and Security, 2015 Multidisciplinary Internal Research Grant (MIRG), Institutional (Higher Ed), $25000. (Submitted: May 1, 2015, Funded: September 1, 2015 - June 1, 2017). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
President's Naming Task Force
Institutional Inclusive Excellence Diversity Council
The Monarch Center for Immigrant Students
Center for Diversity and Gender Studies/Journal of Research on Women and Gender