Faculty Profile for Dr. Debarun Majumdar
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Majumdar, D., & Martinez, G. P. (n.d.). An Examination of the Association between Microaggression and Well-being among Latina/os of Mexican-descent in the United States. Michigan Sociological Review.
- Lowe, R., Majumdar, D., Anderson, A. L., Summers, E. J., & Ryser, G. R. (2018). Constructing a Reliable and Valid Instrument to Measure Post-Secondary Students Cultural Competence. Global Journal of Human-Social Science, 18(3), 27–38.
- Majumdar, D., & Rollman-Tinajero, C. (2017). A Comparative Examination of Unhealthy Behaviors and Negative-LGBT Experiences Among Individuals in Legal Same-Sex Marriages and in Committed Same-Sex Relationships. Journal of Social Sciences, 13(3), 173–183. https://doi.org/10.3844/jssp.2017.173.183
- Majumdar, D., & Martinez-Ramos, G. P. (2013). Impact of Immigration-related Challenges and Deportation Worries on the Well-being of Latinos in the US. Camino Real, 4(7), 95–114.
- Bulanda, R., & Majumdar, D. (2009). Perceived parent-child relations and adolescent self-esteem. Journal of Child and Family Studies, 18(2), 203–212.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, The Alfred H. Nolle Chapter of the Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. September 1, 2015 - December 1, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Workshop Selection at the national level to attend workshop, Analyzing Poverty and Welfare Trends Using Census 2000. National Poverty Center. Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy, University of Michigan. June 1, 2003
- Award / Honor Recipient: H. Theodore Groat Award for 'Best Student Paper', International Applied Demographic Conference. Bowling Green. September 1, 2000
- Award / Honor Recipient: Graduated with Honors in B. Architecture, Indian Institute of Technology. July 1, 1992
- Majumdar, Debarun (Co-Principal). Diversity White Paper Project., Texas Healthcare Trustees, Austin, TX, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $1200. (Submitted: August 1, 2012). Grant.
- Majumdar, Debarun (Principal), Anderson, Audwin (Principal). Disparity in the Distribution of Economic Growth During the High-tech Boom of the 1990s. Research Enhancement Grant, Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed), $10890. (Submitted: June 1, 2004). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Honor Council Code
College Research Enhancement Committee-Department Representative
Center for Diversity and Gender Studies
KhushATX Steering Committee
Graduate Faculty Committee
January 2018-December 2018