Faculty Profile for Dr. Debarun Majumdar
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Majumdar, D., & Rollman-Tinajero, C. (2017). A Comparative Examination of Unhealthy Behaviors and Negative-LGBT Experiences Among Individuals in Legal Same-Sex Marriages and in Committed Same-Sex Relationships. Journal of Social Sciences, 13(3), 173–183. https://doi.org/10.3844/jssp.2017.173.183
- Majumdar, D., & Martinez-Ramos, G. P. (2013). Impact of Immigration-related Challenges and Deportation Worries on the Well-being of Latinos in the US. Camino Real, 4(7), 95–114.
- Bulanda, R., & Majumdar, D. (2009). Perceived parent-child relations and adolescent self-esteem. Journal of Child and Family Studies, 18(2), 203–212.
- Majumdar, D., & Anderson, A. (2008). Peer Influence on African American and White Adolescents: An Investigation Using Contraceptive Behavior and Efficacy. International Review of Modern Sociology, 34(2), 161–180.
- Majumdar, D. (2006). Social Support and Risky Sexual Behavior among Adolescents: The Protective Role of Parents and Best Friends. Journal of Applied Sociology, 23(1), 28–43.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, The Alfred H. Nolle Chapter of the Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. September 1, 2015 - December 1, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Workshop Selection at the national level to attend workshop, Analyzing Poverty and Welfare Trends Using Census 2000. National Poverty Center. Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy, University of Michigan. June 1, 2003
- Award / Honor Recipient: H. Theodore Groat Award for 'Best Student Paper', International Applied Demographic Conference. Bowling Green. September 1, 2000
- Award / Honor Recipient: Graduated with Honors in B. Architecture, Indian Institute of Technology. July 1, 1992
- Majumdar, Debarun (Co-Principal). Diversity White Paper Project., Texas Healthcare Trustees, Austin, TX, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $1200. (Submitted: August 1, 2012). Grant.
- Majumdar, Debarun (Principal), Anderson, Audwin (Principal). Disparity in the Distribution of Economic Growth During the High-tech Boom of the 1990s. Research Enhancement Grant, Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed), $10890. (Submitted: June 1, 2004). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Faculty Search Committee
October 2017-December 2017
College Research Enhancement Committee-Department Representative
September 2017-December 2017
January 2017-December 2017
Grader of Comprehensive Exams
January 2017-June 2017