Faculty Profile for Dr. Ty Schepis
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Schepis, T. S., & McCabe, S. E. (2019). Prescription Opioid Misuse in US Older Adults: Associated Comorbidities and Reduced Quality of Life in the National Epidemiologic Survey of Alcohol and Related Conditions-III. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 80(6), e1–e8. https://doi.org/10.4088/JCP.19m12853
- Schepis, T. S., Wilens, T. E., & McCabe, S. E. (2019). Prescription drug misuse: Sources of controlled medications in adolescents. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 58(7), 670–680.e4. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaac.2018.09.438
- Schepis, T. S., Simona-Wastila, L., & McCabe, S. E. (2019). Prescription opioid and benzodiazepine misuse is associated with suicidal ideation in older adults. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 34(1), 122–129. https://doi.org/10.1002/gps.4999
- Schepis, T. S. (Ed.). (2018). The Prescription Drug Abuse Epidemic: Incidence, Treatment, Prevention and Policy. Santa Barbara, California, USA: ABC-Clio.
- Schepis, T. S., McCabe, S. E., & Teter, C. J. (2018). Sources of opioid medication for misuse in older adults: results from a nationally representative survey. PAIN, 159(8), 1543–1549. https://doi.org/10.1097/j.pain.0000000000001241
- Award / Honor Recipient: Nancy M. Petry Memorial Mid-Career Award, Society of Addiction Psychology. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award for Scholarly / Creative Activities. August 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Special Recognition for Excellence in Research Funding and Sponsored Programs. August 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi, Texas State University. November 1, 2015
- Schepis, Ty (Principal), McCabe, Sean E (Supporting). Nonmedical prescription drug misuse among US older adults: subtypes, motives, and diversion sources, National Institutes of Health (National Institute on Drug Abuse), Federal, $548488. (Funded: August 15, 2017 - April 30, 2021). Grant.
- Schepis, Ty S (Principal), McCabe, Sean E (Supporting), Teter, Christian J (Supporting). Prescription Drug Misuse Characteristics in Adolescents and Young Adults: Influence of School Enrollment, National Institutes of Health (National Institute on Drug Abuse), Federal, $572757. (Funded: June 1, 2017 - April 30, 2020). Grant.
- Schepis, Ty S (Principal). Ecological Momentary Assessment of Mechanisms related to College Student Prescription Stimulant Misuse, National Institutes of Health (National Institute on Drug Abuse), Federal, $146440. (Funded: March 1, 2017 - February 28, 2019). Grant.
- Schepis, Ty (Principal). Impulsivity, Risk Taking, Stress and Nicotine Abstinence in Young Adult Smokers, National Institutes of Health (National Institute on Drug Abuse), Federal, $102226. (Submitted: March 2011, Funded: February 1, 2012 - January 31, 2013). Grant.
- Schepis, Ty (Principal). Stress, Self-Control, Impulsivity and Smoking Cessation in Adolescents, Yale University Interdisciplinary Research Consortium on Stress, Self-control and Addiction at Yale University School of Medicine, Institutional (Higher Ed), $18252. (Funded: January 1, 2009 - December 31, 2009). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Texas State University Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
Texas State University Alcohol and Drug Advisory Council
August 2014-May 2019
University Academic Governance Committee
August 2015-May 2018
June 2016-June 2017