Faculty Profile for Dr. Kelly B Haskard Zolnierek
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Cordaro, M. M., Grigsby, T. J., Howard, J. T., Deason, R. G., Haskard Zolnierek, K. B., & Howard, K. J. (2021). Pandemic-specific factors related to generalized anxiety disorder during the initial COVID-19 protocols in the United States. Issues in Mental Health Nursing.
- Grigsby, T. J., Howard, J. T., Haskard Zolnierek, K. B., Deason, R. G., & Howard, K. J. (n.d.). Correlates of pandemic-related increases in sleep aid and anti-anxiety medication use. Journal of Substance Use.
- Snyder, M., Haskard-Zolnierek, K., Howard, K. J., & Hu, Y. (2020). Weight stigma in health care settings is associated with provider-patient relationship factors and adherence among individuals with hypothyroidism. Journal of Health Psychology. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1177/1359105320963548
- Morshed, N., Haskard Zolnierek, K. B., & Zhan, F. B. (2020). Geographic Variations of Racial/Ethnic Disparities in Late-Stage Diagnosis of Childhood Cancer in Texas. Southern Medical Journal, 113(5), 224–231. https://doi.org/10.14423/SMJ.0000000000001097
- Haskard Zolnierek, K. B., & Cobos, B. (2020, January). Patient Adherence. In Wiley Encyclopedia of Health Psychology. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1002/9781119057840.ch89
- Award / Honor Recipient: Award for Excellence in Online Teaching (Runner-up), Office of Distance and Extended Learning. February 27, 2020
- Award / Honor Nominee: , Dean’s Nominee for the Presidential Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities. January 1, 2010
- Award / Honor Recipient: Exceptional Reviewer, Medical Care. January 1, 2009
- Burke, Patricia Jean (Principal), Haskard Zolnierek, Kelly B (Co-Principal), Howard, Krista J (Co-Principal), Lawrence, Grayson B (Co-Principal), Tamir, Dan (Co-Principal). Increasing Treatment Adherence in Patients with Metabolic Syndrome: Development of a Support Network Application, MIRG, Texas State University, $25000. (Funded: June 2016 - June 2017). Grant.
- Haskard Zolnierek, Kelly (Principal), Howard, K (Co-Principal). Interactive Medication Adherence Monitor (IMAM) Smartphone Program for Chronic Medical Conditions- Phase II, Research Enhancement Program Grant, Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed), $6670. (Submitted: 2014). Grant.
- Haskard Zolnierek, Kelly (Principal). Research Enhancement Program Grant: The Medical Care Communication Experience of Vulnerable Patients in Pain, Texas State UniversityÂSan Marcos, Institutional (Higher Ed), $6385. (Submitted: 2008). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Career Services Council of Academic Standards review - faculty
October 28, 2020-Present
Mentoring Program Planning Committee
October 21, 2020-Present
Department Outreach Committee
October 10, 2020-Present
Lamar Elementary School
Reviewer / Referee
Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine
June 28, 2020-2020