Faculty Profile for Dr. Natasha Mikles
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Mikles, N. L. (n.d.). Narrative Lifeworlds, the Dmyal gling rdzogs pa chen po, and Gter ma’s Social Function. Journal of Tibetology.
- Mikles, N. L. (2020). Interpreting Intercultural Encounters with 90 Day Fiancé in the World Religions’ 2020 Classroom. Teaching Theology & Religion, 23(3), 163–174.
- Mikles, N. L. (2020). “When is a Hat a Mountain?: The Material Religion of Gesar Bard’s Hats.” Material Religion.
- Mikles, N. L. (2019). The Power of Genres and the Project of Secularization: Publishing the Gesar Epic in Contemporary China. Culture and Religion, 20(3), 322–350. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1080/14755610.2019.1704423
- Mikles, N. L. (2019). Forum on Teaching Asian Religions in the American South (with Brett Esaki and Lisa Battaglia). Teaching Religion and Theology, 22(3), 208–222. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1111/teth.12497
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi Fraternity. April 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Critical Language Scholarship Alumni Development Fund, State Department. October 1, 2017 - March 15, 2018
- Mikles, Natasha LeeAnn. Charlotte W. Newcombe Dissertation Fellowship, Woodrow Wilson Foundation, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $25000. (Funded: September 1, 2016 - May 1, 2017). Grant.
- Mikles, Natasha LeeAnn. Buckner W. Clay Grant, $4262. (Funded: May 2014 - November 2014). Grant.
- Mikles, Natasha LeeAnn. Jefferson Trust Grant, $24040. (Funded: February 2014 - November 2014). Grant.
- Mikles, Natasha LeeAnn. Department of State Critical Language Scholarship, State, $15000. (Funded: June 2012 - July 2012). Grant.
- Mikles, Natasha LeeAnn. Christopher Wren Scholar, $3000. (Funded: June 2007 - July 2007). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Journal of Gods and Monsters
International Association of Tibetan Studies
July 15, 2021-Present
New Directions in the Study of Religion, Monsters, and the Minstrous
November 1, 2020-Present
Religious Studies Student Association
Coordinator / Organizer
International Seminar of Young Tibetologists