Faculty Profile for Dr. Eric N Gilbertson
Teaching InterestsLogic, Metaphysics, Philosophy of Sport
Research InterestsEpistemology, Metaphysics, Logic, Metaethics, Philosophy of Sport, Applied Ethics
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Gilbertson, E. N. (n.d.). Contrastivism and Negative Reason Existentials. Thought: A Journal of Philosophy.
- Fischer, B., & Gilbertson, E. N. (n.d.). How Lewis Can Meet the Integration Challenge. Journal of Philosophical Research.
- Gilbertson, E. N. (2016). Vicious Competitiveness and the Desire to Win. Journal of the Philosophy of Sport, 43, 409–423.
- Gilbertson, E. N. (2016). Contingency, Metaphysical Error, and Modal Truth by Convention. Southwest Philosophical Studies, 36.
- Fischer, R. W., & Gilbertson, E. N. (2014). Salvaging Serviceability in Metaphysics. In Southwest Philosophy Review (1st ed., Vol. 30, pp. 105–115).
Selected Service Activities
Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
Graduate Scholarship Committee
Trail Crew, San Marcos Greenbelt Alliance
Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
November 2017-November 2019
Reviewer / Referee
July 7, 2014-July 31, 2014