Faculty Profile for Alba Elizabeth Melgar
Biography and EducationSenior Lecturer of Spanish at Texas State since 2006. I have also taught: Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy and Social Studies at High School in Costa Rica, Colombia, Guatemala and El Salvador prior to 2006.
Teaching InterestsSpanish Language and Spanish Literature
Research InterestsThe historical memory of the Salvadorian Civil War in the poets born around 1980 in El Salvador.
The influence of the Arab sensuality on the Spanish Metaphor from the Al-Andalus to the present poetry.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Velasquez, G., & Melgar, A. E. (n.d.). Babel’s Legacy to Modern Success: Being Bilingual the Best Possibility for Success.
- Melgar, A. E., & Velasquez, G. R. (n.d.). Patriarchy and Women Migration Around the World.
- Award / Honor Recipient: HPN Latnix Star Award, Hispanic Policy Network. April 12, 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Thank you e mails,cards and letters, Director of Retention Management and planning. January 2018 - December 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Featured in a University Star Newspaper article."Professor triumphs despite hardships", University Star at Texas State University. September 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Acknowledge, College of Liberal Arts. September 11, 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, The Alfred Nolle Chapter of Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. December 15, 2017
Selected Service Activities
Noche de cine. Cycle 2. Spring 2019
March 12, 2019-April 16, 2019
March 29, 2019-March 29, 2019
Noche de cine
February 5, 2019-March 5, 2019
Office of Students Diversity and Inclusion
November 10, 2018-November 10, 2018
Interview, University Star Article: Professor Triumphs despite Hardships
September 2018-September 2018