Faculty Profile for Dr. Blake Seana Locklin
Research InterestsComparative literature, Latin American literature, Latin American and Asia
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Locklin, B. (2013). Learning from Our Mistakes: Difficulty and Insight in the Literature Classroom. Journal of the Midwest Modern Language Association, 46.1, 55–69.
- Locklin, B. S. (2013). Orientalism and Mexican Nationalism: Catarina de San Juan as the China Poblanas Asian Mother. In E. Camayd-Freixas & J. E. González (Eds.), Orientalism and Identity in Latin America: Fashioning Self and Other from the (Post)Colonial Margin (pp. 62–78). Tuscon: University of Arizona Press.
- Locklin, B. (2010). Bridges and Walls: Contested Borders in Olga Nolla’s “La única ventana” and “En esta casa no puede haber polvo.” Cuaderno Internacional de Estudios Humanísticos y Literatura: CIEHL 13, 125–139.
- Locklin, B. (2010). Mapping Spanish American Orientalism. Delaware Review of Latin American Studies: DeRLAS 11.1. Retrieved from http://www.udel.edu/LAS/Vol11-1Locklin.html
- Locklin, B. (2005). Reconstructing Fertility: Reproducing the Family in María Luisa Mendoza’s El perro de la escribana. Ciberletras. Retrieved from http://www.lehman.cuny.edu/ciberletras/v12/locklin.htm
Selected Service Activities
Liberal Arts College Curriculum Committee
Department Curriculum Committee
September 1, 2016-Present
Assessment Panel, written portfolios of Spanish Majors
Spanish Section, Modern Languages Department
August 1, 2011-Present
Assessment Panels, oral presentations of Spanish majors