Faculty Profile for Dr. Jason Dean Mellard
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Mellard, J. D. (2018, December 12). “Country Rock: McGuinn and Hillman Celebrate Sweetheart,” pp. 16–17. Retrieved from http://folioweekly.com/stories/country-rock,20894
- Mellard, J. D. (n.d.). Anthony Carrozza’s The Dukes of Duval County: The Parr Family and Texas Politics. Journal of Southern History.
- Mellard, J. D. (n.d.). “Kitsch on the Range: The Career of Bob ‘Daddy-O’ Wade.” In The Art of Bob “Daddy-O” Wade. College Station, Texas: Texas A & M University Press.
- Mellard, J. D. (2017). “1973 Redux: Revisiting Michael Novak and Agnes Moreland Jackson on White Ethnicity and National Belonging.” Soundings: An Interdisciplinary Journal, 100(3), 222–233.
- Mellard, J. D. (2017, August). Hear My Sad Story: The True Tales That Inspired Stagolee, John Henry, and Other Traditional American Folk Songs. History: Reviews of New Books. Taylor & Francis.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Coral Horton Tullis Memorial Award for Best Book in Texas History, Texas State Historical Association. 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Summerlee Foundation Fellowship at the Clements Center for Southwest Studies. 2010 - 2011
- Award / Honor Nominee: Nominated for Ralph Henry Gabriel Dissertation Prize of the American Studies Association. 2009
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Paper Award for “‘Loyd Is an Anachronism, 50th Annual Meeting of the American Studies Association of Texas. November 2006
- Award / Honor Recipient: Passed Qualifying Exams with Distinction. February 2005
Selected Service Activities
Texas Dance Hall Preservation
January 1, 2019-Present
Reviewer / Referee
University of Oklahoma Press
ALL ATX Leadership
October 5, 2018-Present
Center for Texas Music History
August 30, 2018-Present
Texas Music Museum