Faculty Profile for Dr. Ellen D Tillman
Research InterestsHistory of Race; US military interventions; US military occupations; Latin America
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Tillman, E. D. (2018, December). Review of: Haiti and the Uses of America: Post-U.S. Occupation Promises, by Chantalle F. Verna. American Historical Review.
- Tillman, E. D. (n.d.). Dominican Republic: From Military Rule to Democracy. In Oxford Encyclopedia of the Military in Politics. Oxford University Press.
- Tillman, E. D. (n.d.). Imperial Interventions Abroad, 1890-1939. In Oxford Handbook of American Military History.
- Tillman, E. D. (2019). Review of: The Intelligence War in Latin America, 1914-1922, by Jamie Bisher. First World War Studies.
- Tillman, E. D. (2019). Review Essay of: Great Power Rising: Theodore Roosevelt and the Politics of U.S. Foreign Policy, by John M. Thompson. Passport.
- Award / Honor Recipient: College of Liberal Arts Achievement Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activity, College of Liberal Arts, Texas State University. August 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Veterans' Alliance Above and Beyond Award, Veterans' Alliance of Texas State. May 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Coffman First Manuscript Prize, Society for Military History. January 1, 2014 - March 1, 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Teaching Excellence Award, West Point, US Military Academy. 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching by Graduate Teaching Assistants, University of Illinois. 2010
Selected Service Activities
Society for Military History
Possible National Security Studies Minor
Reviewer / Referee
Journal of Military History
Liddle Fellowship Committee