Faculty Profile for Dr. Ellen D Tillman
Research InterestsHistory of Race; US military interventions; US military occupations; Latin America
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Tillman, E. D. (2018, December). Review of: Haiti and the Uses of America: Post-U.S. Occupation Promises, by Chantalle F. Verna. American Historical Review.
- Tillman, E. D. (2018). War and Society in Latin America. In Routledge History of Global War & Society. Routledge.
- Tillman, E. D. (2018). “War and Society in Latin America.” In The Routledge History of Global War and Society (pp. 128–139). New York, USA: Routledge.
- Tillman, E. D. (2018, August). Review of: Bankers and Empire: How Wall Street Colonized the Caribbean, by Peter James Hudson. Hispanic American Historical Review.
- Tillman, E. D. (2018, April). Review of: Hitler’s Ostkrieg and the Indian Wars: Comparing Genocide and Conquest, by Edward B. Westermann. The Chronicles of Oklahoma.
- Award / Honor Recipient: College of Liberal Arts Achievement Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activity, College of Liberal Arts, Texas State University. August 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Veterans' Alliance Above and Beyond Award, Veterans' Alliance of Texas State. May 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Coffman First Manuscript Prize, Society for Military History. January 1, 2014 - March 1, 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Teaching Excellence Award, West Point, US Military Academy. 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching by Graduate Teaching Assistants, University of Illinois. 2010
Selected Service Activities
Article Editor, Sage Publications
August 1, 2015-Present
Society for Military History
August 1, 2014-Present
Merit Performance Advisory Committee
August 2017-May 2019
Reviewer / Referee
International Commission on Military History, Essay Committee