Faculty Profile for Dr. Peter D Siegenthaler
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Siegenthaler, P. D. (2018, October 19). Review of Kate McDonald, Placing Empire: Travel and the Social Imagination in Imperial Japan. newbooks.asia. Leiden, The Netherlands: International Institute for Asian Studies. Retrieved from https://newbooks.asia/review/placing-empire
- Siegenthaler, P. (2016, June). Review of Louise Young, Beyond the Metropolis: Second Cities and Modern Life in Interwar Japan. Pacific Affairs.
- Siegenthaler, P. (2015). Urban Regeneration and Community Survival in Postwar Japan. History Workshop Journal, (80), 259–268.
- Siegenthaler, P. D. (2010). Architecture, Folklore Studies, and Cultural Democracy: Nagakura Saburô and Hida Minzoku-mura. In C. Brumann & R. A. Cox (Eds.), Making Japanese Heritage. London, United Kingdom: Routledge.
- Siegenthaler, P. D. (2010). Review of Scott Laderman, Tours of Vietnam: War, Travel Guides, and Memory [Review of Tours of Vietnam: War, Travel Guides, and Memory]. Pacific Historical Review.
Selected Service Activities
Steering Committee, Brentwood Neighborhood Association
February 21, 2018-Present
Multimodal Community Advisory Committee
September 10, 2017-Present
Fulbright and Visiting Professor Support Committee
Brentwood Neighborhood Association
Transportation Services Advisory Council