Faculty Profile for Dr. Anadelia Romo
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Romo, A. A. (2021). From the “Romance of Industry” to the “National Soul”: Promoting Travel in the Pan American Union. In The Business of Leisure: Tourism History in Latin America and the Caribbean (pp. 85–115). Lincoln, NE: University of Nebraska.
- Romo, A. (n.d.). Blackness in the Streets: Framing the Urban and Racial Landscape of Bahia, Brazil from the Nineteenth Century to Brazil’s Military Dictatorship.
- Romo, A., Polk, P., Gledhill, S., & Johnson, R. (2018). From Athens to Africa in the Making of Salvador’s Identity. In Axé Bahia: The Power of Art in an Afro-Brazilian Metropolis. Los Angeles, CA: Fowler Museum at UCLA.
- Romo, A. (2018). Writing Bahian Identity: Crafting New Narratives of Blackness in Salvador, Brazil, 1940s-50s. Journal of Latin American Studies, 50(4), 805–832. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022216X18000330
- Romo, A. (2010). A Living Museum: Race, Reform and Tradition in Bahia, Brazil. Chapel Hill, N.C.: University of North Carolina Press.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Departmental Award for Scholarship (to serve as departmental nominee at Liberal Arts level), Texas State Department of History. 2020 - 2021
- Award / Honor Recipient: Elected President of Brazilian Studies Committee, The Conference of Latin American History. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Departmental nominee for Texas State University Presidential Excellence Award in Teaching. 2015 - 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Elected Secretary of Brazilian Studies Committee, The Conference of Latin American History. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Departmental nominee for Texas State University Presidential Excellence Award in Teaching. 2014 - 2015
- Romo, Anadelia. Awarded Online Resource Grant from University Library Review Committee. Grant will bring new online research resource to campus for faculty and students: “Confidential Print: Latin America, 1833-1969.”, Texas State University, $24500. (Funded: 2014). Grant.
- Romo, Anadelia. Submitted grant proposal to the National Endowment of the Humanities, National Endowment of the Humanities, Federal, $50400. (Submitted: 2016, Funded: January 1, 2017 - December 31, 2017). Grant.
- Romo, Anadelia (Principal). Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University (REP), Texas State University, $6560. (Submitted: December 1, 2015, Funded: January 1, 2016 - May 31, 2017). Grant.
- Romo, Anadelia (Principal). History Department Research Funds, $2270. (Submitted: March 1, 2015, Funded: April 1, 2015 - August 31, 2015). Grant.
- Romo, Anadelia. Texas State University Department Travel and Research Grant. (Funded: 2015). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Departmental Research Fund Award Committee
RAICES, Refugee and Immigrant Services
November 15, 2016-Present
Interamerican Studies Board of Advisors
Faculty mentor for tenure-track professor Casey Nichols
August 2020-August 2021
Faculty mentor for junior faculty member Sara Damiano
September 2019-August 2021