Faculty Profile for Dr. Paul Hart
Biography and EducationBA University of Texas, Austin 1987
PhD University of California, San Diego, 1997
Teaching InterestsMexico, Latin America, International Studies
Research InterestsMexico, Latin America, International Studies
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Hart, P. (2018). Emiliano Zapata and Revolutionary Mexico, 1910-1919. In The Oxford Encyclopedia of Mexican History and Culture. Oxford University Press.
- Hart, P. (2017). Emiliano Zapata: Mexico’s Social Revolutionary. NYNY: Oxford University Press.
- Hart, P. (2016, December 15). The Great Call-Up [Review of The Great Call-Up: The Guard, the Border, and the Mexican Revolution, by R. C. Hariss; Sadler]. Hispanic American Historical Review (HAHR). HAHR.
- Hart, P. (2015). The Ejido. In E. Zolov (Ed.), Icons of Mexico. ABC Clio.
- Hart, P. (2012). For God and Revolution: Priest, Peasant, and Agrarian Socialism in the Mexican Huasteca. University of New Mexico Press.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Honorary Professor of International Studies, Center for International Studies, Texas State University. October 15, 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Research Enhancement Grant, Texas State. 2016 - 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Excellence in Mentoring, College of Liberal Arts. January 1, 2015 - December 1, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Excellence in Service, College of Liberal Arts Golden Apple Award. 2012
- Award / Honor Recipient: Jesse Jones Professor of Southwestern Studies, Center for the Study of the Southwest, Texas State University. 2008 - 2011
- Hart, Paul. The Obama Legacy? Preliminary Perspectives, University Lecturer's Committee, Texas State University, $3000. (Submitted: 2016, Funded: 2017). Grant.
- Hart, Paul (Principal). Research Enhancement, Texas State, Institutional (Higher Ed), $8000. (Submitted: December 1, 2015, Funded: 2016 - 2017). Grant.
- Hart, Paul (Principal). The Obama Legacy? Preliminary Perspectives, Humanities Texas, State, $3000. (Funded: 2016 - 2017). Grant.
- Hart, Paul (Principal). The Obama Legacy? Preliminary Perspectives, Equity and Access, Texas State University, $3000. (Funded: 2016 - 2017). Grant.
- Hart, Paul. Humanities Texas Grant: Immigrant America: A Public Symposium. (Funded: 2010 - 2011). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Wilson Scholarship Committee
February 21, 2018-Present
Asian Studies Board of Advisors for International Studies
Center for International Studies
Southwest Council on Latin American Studies (SCOLAS)
January 1, 2014-Present
International Studies Academic Steering Committee