Faculty Profile for Dr. Eric Leake
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Leake, E. W. (2018). “Should You Encounter”: The Social Conditions of Empathy. Poroi: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Rhetorical Analysis and Invention, 14(1). https://doi.org/10.13008/2151-2957.1265
- Kiernan, J., & Leake, E. W. (n.d.). Encountering Difference through Empathy and Translingualism. In The Matter of Practice: New Materialisms and New Literacies in Linguistically Diverse Classrooms. Information Age Press.
- Alexis, C., & Leake, E. W. (n.d.). Identifying Style and Possible Selves in Portrayals of Writers. In Style and the Future of Composition Studies. Utah State University Press.
- Leake, E. W. (n.d.). Implosions and Nostalgia in Las Vegas. Intraspection: A Journal of Rhetoric, Culture, and Style.
- Leake, E. W. (2018). Empathy as Research Methodology. In P. Liamputtong (Ed.), Handbook of Research Methods in Health Social Sciences. Singapore: Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-2779-6_65-1
- Award / Honor Recipient: Fulbright Scholar, The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State. September 2019 - January 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Graduate Dean's Citation, University of Louisville. May 1, 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: John Richard Binford Memorial Award, University of Louisville. May 1, 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: Second Place, Magazine Feature Writing, SPJ Louisville Metro Journalism Awards. March 1, 2010
- Award / Honor Recipient: First Place, Graduate Academic Writing, Kentuckiana Metroversity Writing Competition. June 1, 2009
Selected Service Activities
Master's Degree Consortium of Writing Studies Specialists
February 25, 2016-Present
Reviewer / Referee
JAEPL: The Journal for the Assembly for Expanded Perspectives on Learning
September 2019-September 2020
January 2017-May 2020
Writing and Rhetoric Committee
August 2013-May 2020