Faculty Profile for Dr. Joseph R Falocco
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Falocco, J. (n.d.). “‘Both your houses’: Developing an Interdisciplinary Approach to Shakespeare Studies.” In Shaping Minds, Shaping Worlds: Expanding Notions of English in Education, Research, and the Community. San Marcos: UNC Greensboro.
- Falocco, J. (n.d.). “Recovering the Humoral Body Through Original-Practice Performance.” In Shakespeare’s Audiences. Palgrave.
- Actor, Cyrano.
September 3, 2019 - September 30, 2019.
- September 3, 2019 - September 30, 2019 Scottish Rite Theatre, Austin, TX.
- (Invited) Reviewed by: Trey Gutierrez.
- Three Times Fast.
June 19, 2019 - June 23, 2019.
- June 19, 2019 - June 23, 2019 Winter Park Playhouse, Winter Park, FL.
- (Curated) Reviewed by: Matt Palm.
- Actor, Once Upon a Mattress.
March 29, 2019 - April 14, 2019.
- March 29, 2019 - April 14, 2019 CFC Arts, Orlando, FL.
- (Invited) Reviewed by: Carl F. Gauze.
- Award / Honor Recipient: In Honor of Service to Texas State Theatre Department, Named Honorary “Guest Director” for A Midsummer Night’s Dream. 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Vera Mowry Roberts Outstanding Essay Award for “Tommaso Salvini’s Othello and Racial Identity in Late Nineteenth-Century America.”, American Theatre and Drama Society. 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: Outstanding Dissertation Award for “Elizabethan Staging in the Twentieth Century: Theatrical Practice and Cultural Context,”, University of North Carolina at Greensboro. 2006
- Falocco, Joseph R. Bilingual Comedy of Errors, Texas State University, $2000. (Submitted: November 11, 2018, Funded: January 19, 2019 - May 15, 2019). Grant.
- Falocco, Joe (Principal). Library Research Grant, Institutional (Higher Ed), $1363. (Funded: 2012). Grant.
- Falocco, Joseph R (Principal). Shakespeare Without Fear: Teaching the Plays, National Endowment for Humanities, Federal, $63000. (Funded: October 1, 2017 - July 31, 2018). Grant.
- Falocco, Joseph R (Principal). NEA Challenge America Grant, Federal, $10000. (Funded: January 1, 2017 - October 31, 2017). Grant.
- Falocco, Joe (Principal). One-Time Only Diversity Grant, Equity and Access Committee Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed), $2500. (Submitted: February 1, 2015). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Transportation Services Advisory Council
August 15, 2019-Present
Poor Shadows of Elysium Theatre
MA Literature Committee
Sophmore Literature Committee
September 15, 2018-October 15, 2018