Faculty Profile for Dr. Pinfan Zhu
Biography and EducationPinfan Zhu used to work as a senior technical translator, editor in China before 2000. He earned his doctoral degree in rhetoric and technical communication in 2004 at Texas Tech University in USA. Ever since then, he has been teaching in Texas State University as a full professor. He teaches both graduates and undergraduate.
Rhetoric and Technical Communication
Research InterestsInternational technical communication
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Zhu, P. (2016). Impact of Business Cultural Values on Homepage Design That May Hinder International Business.. Journal of Technical Writing and Communication, 46(1), 105–124. https://doi.org/doi:10.1177/0047281615600644
- Zhu, P. (2015). How Translation Criteria May Affect International Business. Journal of Technical Writing and Communication, 45, 285–298. https://doi.org/doi:10.1177/0047281615578850
- Zhu, P. (2015). Against Cultural Influence on Structuring a Discourse for Cross-Cultural Communication.. International Journal of Liberal Arts & Social Science., 3, 10–Jan. Retrieved from http://www.ijlass.org/data/frontImages/gallery/Vol._3_No._3/1._1-10.pdf
- Zhu, P. (2015). Best Strategy for Translating Technical and Business Information. International Journal of Education and Social Science, 45, 183–187. Retrieved from http://www.ijessnet.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/8.pdf
- Zhu, P. (n.d.). How Translation Criteria May Affect International Business. Las Vegas: International Organization of Social Science and Behavioral Research.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Certificate of Ten Years Dedicated Service. August 1, 2005 - September 1, 2015
- Award / Honor Nominee: Linking Contextual Factors with Rhetorical Pattern Shift" was nominated for the best article for reporting quantitive and qualitative research, Journal of Technical Writing and Communication. August 1, 2011 - February 1, 2012
- Award / Honor Nominee: Application of Robert Gagne's Nine Principle Instructions to the Teaching of Web Localization, NCTE/CCCC Best Article in Technical and Scientific Communication Awards. February 1, 2010 - February 1, 2011
- Award / Honor Nominee: Presidential Award for Excellent Service. August 1, 2005 - August 1, 2006
- Award / Honor Recipient: Excellent Young Teacher of Guilin Education Bureau, Guilin Education Bureau. June 1, 1984 - July 1, 1985
Selected Service Activities
Editorial Board of Chinese Traditional Medicine. Hunan University, China, 2016 -2019..
June 30, 2016-January 7, 2020
Journal of Media & Communication Studies
August 15, 2018-Present
Journal of English for Specific Purpose
December 23, 2018-January 31, 2020
Editorial Review Board Member
Editorial Board of Journal of Media and Communication Studies.
August 1, 2018-January 7, 2020
Reviewer / Referee
Journal of Mass Communication Studies
November 26, 2019-December 10, 2019