Faculty Profile for Dr. Robert T Tally Jr.
Biography and EducationRobert T. Tally Jr. is the NEH Distinguished Teaching Professor in the Humanities (2018-2021) and a Professor of English at Texas State University. He is also an Honorary Professor of International Studies at Texas State.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Tally, R. T. (n.d.). Topophrenia: Place, Narrative, and the Spatial Imagination. Bloomington and Indianapolis, IN: Indiana University Press.
- Tally, R. T. (n.d.). Fredric Jameson. In The Routledge Handbook of Marxism and Post-Marxism. Eds. Alex Callinicos, Stathis Kouvelakis, and Lucia Pradella. London and New York: Routledge.
- Tally, R. T. (n.d.). Critique Unlimited. In What’s Wrong with Antitheory? Ed. Jeffrey Di Leo. New York, NY: Bloomsbury.
- Tally, R. T., & Rao, E. (Eds.). (n.d.). Negotiating Spaces in Women’s Writing. Special issue of Humanities (journal).
- Tally, R. T. (2018). Of Other American Spaces: The Alterity of the Urban in the U.S. National Imaginary. In “Space Oddities: Difference and Identity in the American City.” Eds. Michael Fuchs and Stefan L. Brandt (pp. 27–45). Vienna: LIT Verlag.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi National College Honors Society Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi. April 2017
- Award / Honor Nominee: Stephany Goodbread Faculty Advisor of the Year, Texas State U., Honors College. September 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Liberal Arts Runner-Up for Presidential Award, Texas State University. January 1, 2015 - December 1, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Golden Apple, Texas State University. August 1, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Sigma Tau Delta Outstanding Professor of the Year, Sigma Tau Delta, English Honors Society. April 1, 2015
Selected Service Activities
Search committee (British Lit, post-1945)
September 1, 2018-Present
Advisory Board Member
Society for Comparative Literature and the Arts
Reviewer / Referee
Multiples presses and journals
Editorial Board Member