Faculty Profile for Chad A Hammett
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Fox, K. J., Hammett, C. A., Bohn, M., Martinez, S. M., … Anderson, A. L. (2015). Common Reading Program Instructor’s Guide 2015-16 – “…y no se lo trago la tierra . . . And the Earth Did Not Devour Him.” (T. Marquiss, Ed.).
- Hammett, C. A. (2014). Review of ’Progressive Country: How the 1970s Transformed the Texas in Popular Culture. The Journal of Texas Music History (Vol. 14, 53).
- Hammett, C. (2013). Two Prospectors: The Letters of Sam Shepard and Johnny Dark. Austin, Texas: UT Press.
- Hammett, C. A. (2011). First Author (2011th ed., Vol. 9, pp. 108–113).
- Hammett, C. A. (2010). A Review of Day Out of Days: Stories by Sam Shepard. Southwestern American Literature (Vol. 35.2, pp. 107–110).
- Award / Honor Nominee: Finalist, Annual Artist Awards, Artist Foundation of San Antonio. 2009
- Award / Honor Nominee: Semifinalist for Novel Morris, Get Your Helmet, William Faulkner-William Wisdom Writing Competition. 2005
- Award / Honor Nominee: Finalist, Adjunct of the Year,, Lonestar College- Tomball. 2004
Selected Service Activities
Undergraduate Creative Writing Committee
Common Experience Executive Advisor
August 25, 2017-Present
Lower Division Studies
Common Reading Selection Committee
August 1, 2015-Present
Common Reading Instructor Materials Committee
March 1, 2015-Present