Faculty Profile for Dr. Laura L Ellis-Lai
Biography and EducationPlease visit lauraellislaiphd.wp.txstate.edu for more information about Dr. Ellis-Lai's education and work at Texas State University.
Dr. Ellis-Lai earned her Ed.M. in Arts in Education at the Harvard Graduate School of Education, her M.F.A. in Creative Writing at Texas State University, and her Ph.D. in English at the University of Texas - San Antonio.
Teaching InterestsDr. Ellis-Lai teaches survey courses about literature, as well as courses on qualitative research in composition studies, digital rhetorics, and technical writing.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Ellis-Lai, L. L. (2017). Close Confidences: Students’ Experiences of Relational Pleasure, Reflective Competence, and Self-Authorship in First Year Composition Research Writing. Ann Arbor, MI, United States of America: Proquest.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Sigma Tau Delta English Honors Society, Texas State University Chapter. 2006 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: University of California at Santa Cruz Dean’s List. 1925 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Excellence in Online Teaching Award (Runner-Up), Office of Distance and Extended Learning, Texas State University. 2021
- Award / Honor Recipient: Texas State University Graduate College Grant. 2003 - 2006
- Award / Honor Recipient: Sundberg Family Grant, Sundberg Family Foundation. 2003
- Ellis-Lai, Laura L. Nontenure Line Faculty Workload Release, Texas State University, Texas State University. (Funded: August 2020 - September 2021). Grant.
- Ellis-Lai, Laura L. Nontenure Line Faculty Workload Release, Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed). (Submitted: 2015, Funded: January 2016 - May 2016). Grant.