Faculty Profile for Dr. Laura L Ellis-Lai
Biography and EducationDr. Ellis-Lai earned her Ed.M. in Arts in Education at the Harvard Graduate School of Education, her M.F.A. in Creative Writing at Texas State University, and her Ph.D. in English at the University of Texas - San Antonio.
Teaching InterestsDr. Ellis-Lai teaches courses about qualitative research in composition studies, writing for the Internet, world literature, and technical writing.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Ellis-Lai, L. L. (2017). Close Confidences: Students’ Experiences of Relational Pleasure, Reflective Competence, and Self-Authorship in First Year Composition Research Writing. Ann Arbor, MI, United States of America: Proquest.
- Ellis-Lai, L. L. (2002). The Journeys of Ruben Martinez.
- Ellis-Lai, L. L. (2002). Chinquapin.
- Ellis-Lai, L. L. (1999). Chinquapin.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Gamma Sigma Honor Society. 1925 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Chancellor's Undergraduate Internship Advisor. 1925 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Sigma Tau Delta English Honors Society, Texas State University Chapter. 1925 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Sundberg Family Grant. 1925 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Susie Pfingstel Memorial Scholarship. 1925 - Present
Selected Service Activities
Donor and Alumni Advisory Council
Online Courses Committee, Department of English
National Day on Writing event at DeZavala Elementary School
September 1, 2017-Present
Sigma Tau Delta, the Omega Epsilon Chapter of the National English Honors Society, Texas State University