Faculty Profile for Dr. Suparno Banerjee
Research InterestsScience Fiction and Fantasy, Postcolonial Studies, Indian Literature and Culture, Russian Literature
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Banerjee, S. (2021). Generation 14: A Postnational Dystopia. ContactZone, 1, 10–22.
- Banerjee, S. (2021). Ghosts, Aliens, and Machines: Epistemic Continuity and Assemblage in Shirshendu Mukhopadhyay’s Science Fiction. In I. Campbell (Ed.), SF in Translation (pp. 263–282). Palgrave.
- Banerjee, S. (2020). Indian Science Fiction: Patterns, History and Hybridity. Cardiff, UK: University of Wales Press.
- Banerjee, S. (2019). *India. In The Routledge Companion to Cyberpunk Culture (pp. 408–415). Routledge.
- Banerjee, S. (2018). 2001: A Space Odyssey: A Transcendental Trans-Locution. In J. Fenwick (Ed.), Understanding Kubrick’s 2001: A Space Odyssey: Representation and Interpretation (pp. 49–62). Intellect.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Teaching Award of Honor, Texas State Alumni Association. 2021
- Award / Honor Recipient: Faculty Developmental Leave, Texas State University. August 1, 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Received Tenure, Texas State University. 2016
- Award / Honor Nominee: Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching from Department of English. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Award for Excellence in Teaching in College of the Liberal Arts. 2014
- Ledbetter, Kathryn (Principal), Banerjee, Suparno (Co-Principal). Library Online Resource Grant, Texas State University, $33921. (Funded: March 25, 2019 - Present). Grant.
- Banerjee, Suparno (Principal). Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, $8000. (Submitted: October 2016, Funded: January 2017 - June 2018). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Advisory Board member
International Association for the Fantastic in the Arts President’s Committee on BIPOC Issues
Faculty Senate Library Committee
English Department Library Committee
Reviewer / Referee