Faculty Profile for Dr. Suparno Banerjee
Research InterestsScience Fiction and Fantasy, Postcolonial Studies, Indian Literature and Culture, Russian Literature
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Banerjee, S. (2020). Indian Science Fiction: Patterns, History and Hybridity. Cardiff, UK: University of Wales Press.
- Banerjee, S. (2019). “India.” In The Routledge Companion to Cyberpunk Culture (pp. 408–415). Routledge.
- Banerjee, S. (2018). “2001: A Space Odyssey: A Transcendental Trans-Locution.” In J. Fenwick (Ed.), Understanding Kubrick’s 2001: A Space Odyssey: Representation and Interpretation (pp. 49–62). Intellect.
- Banerjee, S. (2017). India, Geopolitics, and Specters of Future War. In I. Lavender III (Ed.), Dis-Orienting Planets: Representations of Asia in Science Fiction (pp. 218–231). University of Mississippi Press.
- Banerjee, S. (2016). Crossing the Border: Depiction of India in Ian McDonald’s River of Gods and Cyberbad Days. Science Fiction Studies, 43(3), 496–513.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Faculty Developmental Leave, Texas State University. August 1, 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Received Tenure, Texas State University. 2016
- Award / Honor Nominee: Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching from Department of English. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Award for Excellence in Teaching in College of the Liberal Arts. 2014
- Award / Honor Nominee: Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching from Department of English. 2013
- Ledbetter, Kathryn (Principal), Banerjee, Suparno (Co-Principal). Library Online Resource Grant, Texas State University, $33921. (Funded: March 25, 2019 - Present). Grant.
- Banerjee, Suparno (Principal). Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, $8000. (Submitted: October 2016, Funded: January 2017 - June 2018). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Advisory Board member
International Association for the Fantastic in the Arts President’s Committee on BIPOC Issues
Faculty Senate Library Committee
Reviewer / Referee