Faculty Profile for Dr. Kimberly Michelle Meitzen
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Dascher, E. D., & Meitzen, K. M. (2020). Dams are coming down, but not always by choice: The geography of dam distributions, failures, and removals in Texas. Texas Water Journal.
- Meitzen, K. M., & Manning, A. B. (2020). Blanco River Riparian Forest Regeneration Following a Record Flood in Central Texas. Southwestern Naturalist.
- Meitzen, K. M., Kupfer, J. A., & Gao, P. (2018). Modeling Hydrologic Connectivity and Virtual Fish Movement Accross a Large Southeastern Floodplain. Aquatic Sciences, 80(5).
- Birdsong, T., Meitzen, K. M., Botros, J., Eggers, K., England, A., Fleming, P., … Tidwell, T. (2020). Guadalupe Bass Restoration Initiative 2019 Annual Report. PWD RP T3200-2079. Austin, TX: Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.
- Wohl, E. E., Brierley, G., Cadol, D., Coulthard, T. J., Covino, T., Fryers, K. A., … Sklar, L. S. (2019). Connectivity as an Emergent Property of Geomorphic Systems, Earth Surface Processes and Landforms. Earth Surface Processes and Landforms, 44(1), 4–26. https://doi.org/doi.org/10.1002/esp.4434
- Award / Honor Recipient: Teaching Award of Honor, Texas State University Alumni Association. 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2019 Favorite Professor Award of The Alfred H. Nolle Chapter of the Alpha Chi National College Honor Society - Undergraduate Inductees. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Outstanding Service Award, Department of Geography, Texas State University. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2014 Favorite Professor Award of The Alfred H. Nolle Chapter of the Alpha Chi National College Honor Society - Graduate Inductees. 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: NASA-MSU Professional Enhancement Award, United States International Association of Landscape Ecology (US-IALE). 2011
- Julian, Jason Paul (Principal), Meitzen, Kimberly Michelle, Butler, David R. Resilience and Bio-Geomorphic Systems: The 48th Annual Binghamton Geomorphology Symposium, NSF-Geomorphology & Land Use Dynamics, Federal, $39250. (Funded: 2017 - 2018). Grant.
- Meitzen, Kimberly Michelle (Principal). Research Enhancement Proposal, Texas State University. Reconstructing an Old-Growth Cypress Forest from Legacy Effects of Historic Logging, $8000. (Funded: 2013). Grant.
- Meitzen, Kimberly Michelle. Friends of Congaree Swamp Research Grant, Friends of Congaree Swamp, $500. (Funded: 2010). Grant.
- Meitzen, Kimberly Michelle. Society of Wetland Scientist Student Research Grant, Society of Wetland Scientists, $500. (Funded: 2010). Grant.
- Meitzen, Kimberly Michelle. Biogeography Specialty Group PhD Student Research Grant, Biogeography Specialty Group of the Association of American Geographers, $700. (Funded: 2010). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Faculty Search Committee - Assistant Professor tenure track position
Upper San Marcos River Watershed Protection Planning Team with the Meadows Center for Water and the Environment
Spring flow Habitat Protection Work Group Member
Edwards Aquifer Habitat Conservation Plan (EAHCP)
Texas Water Development Board Regional Flood Planning Group Member for Region 11 Guadalupe River Basin
San Marcos Greenbelt Alliance - Conservation Committee