Faculty Profile for Dr. Injeong Jo
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Jo, I. (2019). Spatial citizenship in the secondary geography curriculum. In E. Shin & S. W. Bednarz (Eds.), Spatial Citizenship Education: Citizenship through Geography. Routledge.
- Hong, J. E., Harris, J., & Jo, I. (2018). The knowledge base for teaching geography. Research in Geographic Education, 20(1), 26–47.
- Jo, I. (2018). Spatial thinking in secondary geography: A summary of research findings and recommendations for future research (Vol. 99, pp. 200–212).
- Jo, I., & Hong, J. E. (2018). Geography Education, Spatial Thinking, and Geospatial Technologies: Introduction to the Special Issue, 5(3).
- Ghaffari, Z., Jo, I., & Currit, N. A. (2018). NASA Astronaut Photography of Earth: A Resource to Facilitate Students` Learning Using Geospatial Concepts. International Journal of Geospatial and Environmental Research, 5(3), Article 6.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National Honor Society. 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Salvatore J. Natoli Dissertation Award, National Council for Geographic Education. 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: Excellence in Academics and Geographical Research Award, Department of Geography, Texas A&M University- College Station. 2010
- Award / Honor Recipient: Excellence in Academics and Geographical Research Award, Department of Geography, Texas A&M University – College Station. 2008
- Award / Honor Recipient: Gail Hobbs Student Paper & Presentation Award, Geography Education Specialty Group, the Association of American Geographers. 2008
- Jo, Injeong. New Faculty Start-up Library Grant, Texas State University – San Marcos, $982.62. (Funded: 2012). Grant.
- Jo, Injeong (Principal). E. Willard and Ruby S. Miller Research Grant, National Council for Geographic Education: “Enhancing preservice geography teachers’ knowledge, skills, and dispositions of teaching spatial thinking”, $4000. (Funded: 2009). Grant.
- Jo, Injeong (Principal). Learning trajectories of geography educators to incorporate spatial thinking into classrooms, National Council for Geographic Education, Institutional (Higher Ed), $4000. (Funded: January 1, 2019 - December 31, 2020). Grant.
- Hong, Jung Eun (Principal), Jo, Injeong (Co-Principal). The Nature of Pedagogical Content Knowledge (PCK) for Geography Teaching, National Center for Research in Geographic Education, Institutional (Higher Ed), $15000. (Funded: July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018). Grant.
- Jo, Injeong (Principal). Texas Funds for Geography Education, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB), “Enhancing Teachers’ TPACK on GIS for World Geography Classrooms”, $27234. (Funded: January 2016 - December 2017). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
National Council for Geographic Education
Distance Education Committee
Editorial Review Board Member
International Research in Geographical and Environmental Education
Korea-American Association for Geospatial and Environmental Sciences