Faculty Profile for Dr. Sarah A Blue
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Thompson, A., Torres, R., Swanson, K., Blue, S. A., & Misael Hernández Hernández, Ó. (2019). Re-Conceptualising Agency in Migrant Children from Central America and Mexico. Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies, 45(2), 235–252. https://doi.org/10.1080/1369183X.2017.1404258
- Blue, S. A. (2017). [Review of Hispanic and Latino New Orleans: Immigration and Identity since the Eighteenth Century, by A. Sluyter, C. Watkins, J. P. Chaney, & A. M. Gibson]. The AAG Review of Books.
- Blue, S. A., & Zappa, M. (2016). Twenty Years after the Storm: Hurricane Vulnerability in Bluefields, Nicaragua. The Southwestern Geographer, 19, 28–40.
- Blue, S. A. (2015). Using Immigrant Interviews in Teaching Latin American Geography. In L. Estaville, E. Montalvo, & F. Akiwumi (Eds.), Teaching Ethnic Geography in the 21st Century. National Council on Geographic Education.
- Swanson, K., Torres, R. M., Thompson, A., Blue, S. A., & Misael Hernández Hernández, O. (2015). A Year After Obama Declared a “Humanitarian Situation” at the Border, Child Migration Continues. NACLA Report on the Americas.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor. 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor. 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: Service-Learning Initiative Faculty Fellow Award. 2012 - 2013
- Blue, Sarah A. The U.S.-Cuban Rapprochement and its Implications for the Cuban Food System, AAG Research Grant, $500. (Funded: 2017). Grant.
- Blue, Sarah A. Immigration Policy and Children’s Rights: Impacts of Repatriation of Unaccompanied Migrant Children from Mexico & Central America, Research Enhancement Program Grant, $7409. (Funded: 2015). Grant.
- Blue, Sarah A. Committee for the Improvement of Undergraduate Education Grant, $310. (Funded: 2010). Grant.
- Blue, Sarah A. Transnational Echoes: Effects of International Migration and Remittances on Cuban Society, NIU Faculty Research Grant, Center for Latino and Latin American Studies, $2500. (Funded: 2010). Grant.
- Blue, Sarah A. Committee for the Improvement of Undergraduate Education Grant, $328. (Funded: 2008). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Volunteer volleyball coach at YMCA
Reviewer / Referee
National Science Foundation Reviews
Volunteer – Caritas of Austin
Supporting Women in Geography (SWIG)
Reviewer / Referee